HVAC Lead Install Technician
You’re an experienced HVAC Lead Install Technician, and you want to work with a supportive team who will appreciate your talents, and treat you well.
You should come work with us.
We’re Carleton Refrigeration, Heating and Air Conditioning Ltd. and for 47 years, we’ve thrilled customers in a competitive industry by being the best (and then some). We’ve won all sorts of awards for our customer service, and anyone looking for HVAC in Ottawa and the Ottawa Valley will tell you the same: no one provides the same level of service that we do.
Now we’re looking for a talented Lead Install Technician who’s ready to provide exceptional customer service while having plenty of unique earning and growth opportunities with a well-respected company.
That’s where you come in.
As our new HVAC Install Technician, you’ll be an essential part of delivering our exceptional range of products and services while securing future opportunities.
Our model makes us different from other companies. We go the extra mile (and about 10 more) for customers by literally rolling out the red carpet when we arrive to protect our customers’ floors.
As our new Lead Install Tech, it is essential that you follow the customer service practices that have become the hallmark of our success.
If you’re hard working and great with people there’s no limit to the success you can have with us.
Practically speaking, you will:
- Manage and perform the work ensuring an appropriate standard of quality is maintained throughout.
- Have the ability to troubleshoot problems on units.
- Track and record parts and labour for efficient invoicing upon the completion of job.
- Be flexible to respond to call-outs and schedule changes.
- Take responsibility for the accurate follow-through of documentation.
- Represent Carleton Refrigeration, Heating and Air Conditioning Ltd. on the job site and maintain good relationship with the customer, ensuring the potential for future sales and upgrades (such as a regular maintenance package).
- Obtain further education and experience in product lines, system design and programming.
- With the nature of a small company, we require all employees to be willing to perform a variety of tasks, some of which may fall out of the “window” of this job description.
Ultimately, we’re looking for more than just an experienced Lead Install Tech: we want someone who’s going to take ownership of their role.
Working @ Carleton:
This will be a full-time, permanent position with hours from 7:30 am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, plus possibly the occasional Saturday.
You’ll make a great starting salary plus incentives, starting between $50,000 and $70,000 per year with opportunities to earn more. We also offer an extended health and dental plan, access to a company vehicle and cellphone, an equipment/attire allowance, and continuing education programs.
Because we’re a small company, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to expand and grow in your role. We’re a family business at heart, and as a new member you’ll be important and valued from day one.
- G2 gas license
- Residential air conditioning license 313A or D
- ODP card
- Experience as an install technician in residential HVAC
- Experience in customer service or a customer-facing role
- Clean Criminal Record Check
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record
How to Apply:
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for:
HVAC Lead Install Technician