English Tutor/Learning Instructor in China (ESL)
- Opportunity to teach English in Shanghai or Guangzhou, China
- Training to be completed in Hamilton, ON or Winnipeg, MB
- Contract completion bonus, paid training provided, plus assistance finding housing and with the VISA application process
- Must have a university degree, and must have a completed or ability to complete TEFL/TESL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certification prior to January
- Must commit to at least 1-year contract in China, with opportunities for renewal, beginning in December/January
Do you want to gain the cultural experience of a lifetime, and make excellent money while you’re at it? Are you passionate about working with children, and having the opportunity to shape young minds?
If you answered yes to these questions, whether you’re a recent university graduate or someone looking for an exciting career experience, we have the opportunity for you.
We’re Keystone Learning Leadership (KLL), and we aim to provide a first-class English learning experience for young learners in China. We provide our instructors with upfront and comprehensive training and cultural understanding, so you’ll feel prepared before you even land in China! Our goal is to help our students enjoy and succeed in learning English, and we’re happy to offer a unique cultural experience for our learning instructors while meeting this goal.
We’re looking for qualified instructors to join our team and help young learners in China build a love of English, using a fun and effective language curriculum.
English Tutor/Learning Instructor (ESL):
Your goal in this position is to provide English Language Instruction to young learners, ages 3-12. Classes are typically 1 hour long, and our small group classes (less than 15 students) gives you the opportunity to develop fun, creative and effective language lessons.
Also, a structured language curriculum is already in place, creating an opportunity for you to deliver engaging, varied lessons that makes learning fun.
Practically speaking, you will:
- Prepare material for tutoring sessions, and plan daily lessons
- Deliver the pre-planned curriculum in a way that engages and teaches children
- Connect with the international team for lesson adjustments and any other issues
- Communicate with parents as needed regarding children and their progress
- Write comments and complete other paperwork as needed
- Collaborate and cooperate with other team members and parents
You’ll be a great fit for this role if you have a sense of adventure, the ability to engage children and foster learning, and are flexible and adaptable. KLL will assist you with the paperwork process (e.g., VISA documentation), and will provide extensive training and orientation to set you up for success. If this sounds like the role for you, we can’t wait to hear from you!
Working with Keystone Learning Leadership:
You’ll work out of one of our modern learning centres, either in Shanghai or Guangzhou, China, located near many amenities in the hubs of these bustling cities.
This is a full-time position (40 hours), working afternoon and evening shifts on weekdays and weekends. Weekday shifts are from 2:00pm-8:30pm, and weekend shifts are from 9:00am-6:30pm. You’ll enjoy 2 weekdays off each week. This 1-year contract will begin in January, and will have opportunities for renewal and growth potential.
You’ll also enjoy:
- Competitive annual salary of $45,000-48,000 per year CAD (approx. compensation will be the equivalent of this in RMB/Chinese Yuan)
- Generous paid holidays and paid sick leave
- Assistance finding housing including a complimentary 5 day hotel stay upon arrival
- Contract completion bonus/flight ticket reimbursement
- Opportunities for advancement and promotion to Head Teacher
- Highly structured teaching resources to set you up for success
Our team is small but growing, and united in our passion for education and intercultural opportunities. Ours is a friendly environment, and we care for and support our staff throughout the entire process. You’ll have the support of KLL and our international partners, from hiring and training in Canada to employment in China.
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Work experience in any role, providing customer service
- Ability to pass a criminal background record check with vulnerable sector screening
- Valid passport and willingness to relocate to China for the 1-year contract duration
- Completed or ability to complete TEFL/TESL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certification prior to January
- Experience working with children in any capacity is an asset
- Any experience tutoring or teaching children is an asset
How to Apply:
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for:
English Tutor/Learning Instructor in China (ESL)
Keystone Learning Leadership