Customer Service Representative (Technical)
Are you looking for a place where you’ll feel like part of the family from day one?
Do you want to join a company that’s putting winter out of business?
At P.L. Light Systems, we build the lights that make things grow: for everything from tomatoes to tulips, our products have what a plant needs when sunlight’s in short supply.
We’ve been providing the best in lighting systems to greenhouses for years. In fact, we’re the North American market leader in horticultural lighting. As part of our growing business, we’re looking to add a Customer Service Representative to our close-knit team.
That’s where you come in.
Customer Service Representative:
As our Customer Service Representative, your goal is to provide excellent customer service to all our clients, and make sure they are properly assigned to our other departments, including service or repair teams, as necessary.
Adhering to our Code of Conduct, you’ll be the voice of the company as clients call in with technical issues, so we need you to be able to provide timely resolutions to ensure customer satisfaction.
Practically speaking, here’s what you’ll do:
- Respond to and qualify inbound customer calls and emails, and re-direct customers to the appropriate team member as necessary (e.g., sales, accounting, and service)
- Monitor, track, and update the status of incoming RMA/RCAs in the database, follow up with customers, and communicate the escalation of urgent RMAs
- Organize, track, and communicate a variety of customer information such as shipping details, price details, invoices, warranty returns and repairs, etc.
- Follow up with customers and team members – with information and status updates related to warranty and non-warranty returns, parts orders, and service resolutions
- Coordinate with the shipping department to arrange for pick up and return of products as required, and follow up with repair services to ensure on-time completion of repairs
- Provide price quotations for non-warranty replacement parts/repairs, process orders and prepare invoices for warranty replacement products/repairs
- Maintain the filing systems by accurately updating all files as necessary
To succeed in this role, you’ll have to be:
- An excellent communicator –you’re eager to fully understand the client’s issues, you always ensure your message gets across clearly, and you have strong listening skills
- Self-motivated – you actively look for ways to help clients and coworkers, and hold your own work to a high standard
- Detail-oriented – you’re meticulous; nothing gets by you. You double-check everything you do to ensure accuracy
- Client Focused – you’re always looking for ways to improve the client experience, build and maintain positive relationships, and help ensure that all issues are resolved efficiently and effectively
Working with P.L. Light Systems:
We’re passionate about helping our customers with their lighting solutions, and we want everyone to be able to see a brighter future. We’re looking for someone with a passion for customer service and technical support knowledge to join us.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- Experience in a role dedicated to providing external customers with support related to technical products over the phone (e.g., customer service or call centre environment)
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office including Outlook and Excel (formatting, formulas, etc.)
- Experience using ERP software to update and track customer information
- Mathematical and problem-solving abilities to troubleshoot problems for customers over the phone or via email
- Previous experience in this industry or similar is an asset
- Post-secondary degree or diploma is an asset
This is a full-time, permanent role with a salary range between $35,000-$40,000 per year, commensurate with experience, as well as comprehensive group benefits (health, dental, vision, etc.), and RRSP matching up to 4%.
Office hours are Monday to Friday, from 8:00am to 4:30pm in our office, located in Beamsville just off the QEW and South Service Rd., near the Hamilton area.
How to Apply:
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete candidate – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for:
Customer Service Representative (Technical)
P.L. Light Systems