- Permanent full-time, rotating continental shifts
- Full benefits and RSP contributions
- Starting from $19.38/hour, commensurate with experience
Do you want to work in a great community, at a stable, well-run business that values you and your abilities? Are you looking to make a good wage with a reliable and fast-growing company?
We’re Polycorp, and our cutting-edge, polymer-based products extend the service life, reduce the risk of damage, and reduce downtime associated to corrosion, noise & vibration, impact and wear for a broad range of products servicing the Transportation, Mining and Chemical industries.
As our new Machine Operator, you’re always seeking to improve your skills, learn from senior operators where possible, and take initiative. You have a strong mechanical or technical inclination, and intuitively understand how to keep machines running smoothly.
Your tasks will include:
- Set machine parameters and initiate/maintain production cycle
- Continuously monitor production process and quality level
- Maintain a safe work environment, and closely follow all safety procedures (lock-out/tag-out etc.)
- Communicate well with fellow team members and supervisors
Working with Polycorp
This is a full-time permanent position working rotating continental shifts, with a highly competitive compensation package. On top of hourly wages, we also offer extended health and dental benefits, and matching RSP contributions.
We are a Canadian owned company, with decades of history as a world leader in our field. We have a terrific company culture, and have appeared on Canada’s Best Managed Companies list for 6 straight years and have been awarded Ontario Export Awards for 3 straight years.
- Experience as a machine-operator in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Experience working in the plastics or rubber extrusion industry
- Strong mechanical or technical inclination (ie. hobby mechanic)
- Ability and willingness to work in a physically demanding environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
How to Apply
Our online application gives you the chance to apply as more than just a resume. We’ll assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, which should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll be able to view your results.
We strive to build diverse teams that reflect the community, and encourage applications from underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for: