Enter your email address to begin your application for this job.
Client Relationship Manager
About Futurpreneur Canada
Futurpreneur Canada is the only national non-profit that provides resources, financing and mentoring to aspiring business owners ages 18 to 39. Since 1996, we have supported over 12,000 young entrepreneurs launching more than 10,000 Canadian businesses in every province and territory across the country. Last year, 45% of the businesses supported by the Futurpreneur Start-up Program were women led. Mentoring is at the core of what we do, as we match every entrepreneur that we finance with a business expert from a network of 3,000 volunteer mentors. Futurpreneur is a founding member of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance, the Canadian member of Youth Business International and the Canadian host of Global Entrepreneurship Week.
Our Purpose (why we exist): To drive inclusive Canadian prosperity by fueling the success of young enterprise.
Our Mission (what we do every day to achieve our purpose): To provide early-stage financing, mentorship and other resources to help aspiring entrepreneurs age 18-39 launch successful businesses that contribute to sustainable economic development in their communities and for Canada.
Our Values (how we work – our core principles & commitments): We are mission-driven, collegial & collaborative, diverse & inclusive, and accountable & transparent.
Here’s the opportunity:
As a Client Relationship Manager, you will play an integral role in the continued growth of the organization’s overall success. You will be responsible for assisting entrepreneurs with creating and developing successful applications for all Futurpreneur programs and services, while maintaining an exceptional level of client satisfaction and ensuring regional targets are met and/or surpassed.
This is a 12-month contract position covering a maternity leave.
What you will do:
Pre-screening of Entrepreneurs
- Conduct a summary review of the application including business plan and cash flow to determine eligibility for programs and funding
- Communicate potential issues surrounding the eligibility (including business plan, industry, timing, etc)
- Conduct analysis of credit report to determine if entrepreneur qualifies for financing from Futurpreneur Canada and/or co-funding partner
- Determine funding limits and communicate credit issues to entrepreneur to improve their financial literacy
Program Application - Consultation with Entrepreneurs
- Review application including business plan and cash flow to determine business viability and help the entrepreneur update the application to meet the standards of Futurpreneur Canada
- Evaluate submissions and provide feedback necessary to build viable business plans and cash-flows that meet Futurpreneur requirements.
- Compile and evaluate all additional documentation required to submit a complete application to National Adjudication.
- Evaluate an applicant’s strengths and abilities connect them with specific corporate resources
- Summarize pertinent information not found in the submission that will affect adjudication reviews.
- Evaluate workflow based on quality and quality of applicants and predict likely disbursement months or dates
Program Application - Consultation with Community Partners
- Inquire on a Community Partner’s available capacity to manage an application and assign applications as needed.
- Answer application related questions as needed.
- Review Community Partner submitted applications to determine viability using Business Risk Predictor and by known Futurpreneur requirements.
- Review applications to determine if Community Partner file is missing any required documentation.
- Assist Community Partner in helping applicants understand what is expected from a submission including documents and timelines.
- Provide support to the business development team in training community partners on program details and the submission of quality applications.
- Summarize pertinent information not found in the submission that will affect adjudication’s reviews.
- Submitted completed application to National Adjudication.
Program Application - Conditions
- Prepare and communicate program acceptance and outstanding conditions necessary for disbursement.
- Collect and evaluate required conditional documents.
- Review the mentor database to find suitable mentors and facilitate introductions between entrepreneur and mentor.
- Ensure entrepreneur and mentor understand and complete online mentoring orientation session.
- Resolve communication problems and conflicts between mentors and entrepreneurs.
- Prepare, sign and submit loan agreements, promissory note and other required legal documents.
- Communicate with compliance, applicants and mentors to ensure the loan is disbursed.
- Conduct rematches if notified by mentor or entrepreneur of unsuitable match
Program Application - Internal Relations and Compliance
- Work directly with adjudication, entrepreneur-in-residence and loans teams to ensure entrepreneur applications are within eligibility requirements
- Consult with business development team on strategies to increase mentor and entrepreneur interest
- Other duties as assigned
What you will have:
- University Degree in Business Administration or a related field
- 2-3 years of experience in a client support/client relations or banking role
- Strong customer service experience with a desire to support the customer
- A track record in meeting sales targets
- Proactive approach to conflict resolution
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Confidence and self-motivation
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Bilingualism in French & English (spoken & written) is a strong asset
- Alignment with Futurpreneur’s values and commitment to the mission/purpose of the organization.
- Be a role model for Futurpreneur’s organizational culture by creating a positive impact at every touchpoint with people.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and salary expectations by July 20, 2020.
Futurpreneur Canada is committed to an inclusive, equitable workplace and encourages applications for all qualified candidates. We embrace the unique perspectives and experiences within our team. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Enter your email address to begin your application for this job.