Enter your email address to begin your application for this job.
Social Media & Content Specialist
About Futurpreneur Canada
Futurpreneur Canada is the only national non-profit that provides resources, financing and mentoring to aspiring business owners ages 18 to 39. Since 1996, we have supported over 12,000 young entrepreneurs launching more than 10,000 Canadian businesses in every province and territory across the country. Last year, 45% of the businesses supported by the Futurpreneur Start-up Program were women led. Mentoring is at the core of what we do, as we match every entrepreneur that we finance with a business expert from a network of 3,000 volunteer mentors. Futurpreneur is a founding member of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance, the Canadian member of Youth Business International and the Canadian host of Global Entrepreneurship Week.
Our Purpose (why we exist): To drive inclusive Canadian prosperity by fueling the success of young enterprise.
Our Mission (what we do every day to achieve our purpose): To provide early-stage financing, mentorship and other resources to help aspiring entrepreneurs age 18-39 launch successful businesses that contribute to sustainable economic development in their communities and for Canada.
Our Values (how we work – our core principles & commitments): We are mission-driven, collegial & collaborative, diverse & inclusive, and accountable & transparent.
Here’s the opportunity:
Futurpreneur is seeking a Social Media & Content Specialist to join our organization. The ideal candidate is equal parts writer and social media pro, someone driven to exercise their considerable writing chops by crafting a range of content (blog posts, email/newsletter copy, brochures, web pages, etc.) while also being the main voice of Futurpreneur across all social media channels. You will be responsible for the development and execution of social media plans and the development/curation of content to enhance and manage the brand’s digital presence, recruit and engage entrepreneurs and mentors, and raise the profile of young entrepreneurs in our network through compelling, story-driven content and integrated marketing strategies. Additionally, you will develop and execute social media plans to support corporate initiatives, aligning all activities with corporate brand strategies.
What you will do:
- Create and implement an annual overarching social media plan that aligns with corporate objectives, promoting Futurpreneur as the go-to organization for supporting young entrepreneurs across Canada;
- Develop and promote content for all social media platforms, mapping out the content strategy and timeline, and ensuring consistency in voice across all platforms;
- Develop, execute and track paid social media campaigns across all channels to support national, regional and partner campaigns, as well as lead generation goals across Canada; adjust the targeting of these campaigns as necessary to meet goals;
- Monitor current trends, suggesting ways of leveraging them by developing/promoting new content;
- Oversee regional Twitter accounts, and manage national social media channels, developing consistent content and engaging/monitoring all channels;
- Suggest ways of extending the reach of owned content by partnering with relevant third-party channels in the innovation ecosystem;
- Collaborate with the team to develop and manage the social media presence of the CEO, tracking and responding to relevant news, developing a distinct voice on all channels and helping draft content that will engage key stakeholders;
- Develop and manage the social media presence of the CEO, tracking and responding to relevant news, developing a distinct voice on all channels and helping draft content that will engage key stakeholders;
- Act as the social media subject matter expert for the organization, training staff members across Canada on social media best practices, providing them with access and guidelines for regional accounts, and informing staff about major campaigns, providing sample social media messaging for amplification;
- Create and deliver regular analytics reports detailing social reach and engagement, assessing content/tactics that performed best and adjusting as required for optimum results;
- Collaborate with the Corporate Partnerships team and Marketing Partnerships Manager to create the social media components of all partner-related marketing campaigns, developing strategies and content to ensure maximum reach and impact, and providing regular measurement reports;
- Use social media management platform Oktopost to schedule, monitor, engage and analyze the reach of our content, highlighting engagement across all channels;
- Develop and execute social media and content campaigns for special events to drive brand awareness and community engagement (e.g., National Volunteer Week, Small Business Week, GEW, etc.);
- Liaise with regional teams to support marketing and promotions of regional events through paid and organic social media; and
- Provide or co-ordinate on-the-ground social media coverage during key organizational events and initiatives.
- Collaborate with the team on building the content strategy, editorial calendar and writing for the corporate blog, identifying timely themes and developing engaging content that highlights key corporate and partner initiatives, as well as entrepreneurs, mentors and thought leaders;
- Work with external and internal guest bloggers (including partners) as an editor to identify, manage and execute content requests and opportunities;
- Write content for web pages, newsletters and email marketing, brochures and other marketing materials;
- Promote content on social media channels and in email marketing, adjusting as necessary to fit each medium and refreshing evergreen content that aligns with the editorial calendar;
- Collaborate with key staff on sourcing, vetting and developing entrepreneur and mentor stories, as well as content related to corporate and partner campaigns and resource material for entrepreneurs;
- Collaborate with the marketing and communications team and the partnerships team to develop, plan and deliver creative content for targeted marketing campaigns;
- Develop SEO-optimized content for lead generation campaigns (ads, landing pages, etc.) and the corporate website; and
- Develop, manage and distribute the corporate and partner newsletters (English and French).
Funder Deliverables and Strategic Partnerships
- Advise on social media and content opportunities for partners, and develop and execute the social media portion of all related marketing plans;
- Ensure proper implementation and tracking of ROI on funder initiatives for continuous improvement; and
- Prepare progress and final reports on social media marketing initiatives, results and ROI.
What you have:
- 3+ years of relevant social media, communications and digital marketing experience
- College diploma or university degree in digital marketing or a related discipline
- Strong writing skills in a range of styles, both editorial (interview-based profiles and features) and marketing/advertorial content (web copy, brochures, email marketing) – portfolio required
- Extensive knowledge of using LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to advance business goals
- Previous experience managing multiple projects and social media
- Full proficiency in Microsoft Office, WordPress and HTML; experience with a CMS system preferred
- Proven ability to develop and execute paid and organic social media campaigns
- Experience using Oktopost and similar platforms
- Proven project management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, responding to multiple queries, handling multiple channels and managing multiple campaigns and deadlines simultaneously
- Knowledge of digital marketing, search engine optimization, social media, paid advertising, traditional advertising, communications
- Bilingualism in French & English (spoken & written) is a strong asset
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills required
- Confident, proactive and self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Alignment with Futurpreneur’s values and commitment to the mission/purpose of the organization
- Be a role model for Futurpreneur’s organizational culture by creating a positive impact at every touchpoint with people
HOW TO APPLY:
- Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and salary expectations by June 29, 2020.
- Futurpreneur Canada is committed to an inclusive, equitable workplace and encourages applications for all qualified candidates. We embrace the unique perspectives and experiences within our team. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Enter your email address to begin your application for this job.