Enter your email address to begin your application for this job.
Digital Marketing Specialist
About Futurpreneur Canada
Futurpreneur Canada is the only national non-profit that provides resources, financing and mentoring to aspiring business owners ages 18 to 39. Since 1996, we have supported over 12,000 young entrepreneurs launching more than 10,000 Canadian businesses in every province and territory across the country. Last year, 45% of the businesses supported by the Futurpreneur Start-up Program were women led. Mentoring is at the core of what we do, as we match every entrepreneur that we finance with a business expert from a network of 3,000 volunteer mentors. Futurpreneur is a founding member of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance, the Canadian member of Youth Business International and the Canadian host of Global Entrepreneurship Week.
Our Purpose (why we exist): To drive inclusive Canadian prosperity by fueling the success of young enterprise.
Our Mission (what we do every day to achieve our purpose): To provide early-stage financing, mentorship and other resources to help aspiring entrepreneurs age 18-39 launch successful businesses that contribute to sustainable economic development in their communities and for Canada.
Our Values (how we work – our core principles & commitments): We are mission-driven, collegial & collaborative, diverse & inclusive, and accountable & transparent.
Here’s the opportunity:
Futurpreneur is seeking a Digital Marketing Specialist to join our organization. Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, the Digital Marketing Specialist will lead the development and implementation of digital marketing plans to recruit and engage entrepreneurs and mentors across Canada, both for Futurpreneur-led campaigns and those of our many corporate and community partners. He/she will also be responsible for gathering relevant analytics and insights to help inform and evolve our strategy for achieving the objectives set for each campaign, advising on the optimum channels, tactics and target audiences.
What you will do:
Develop and implement digital marketing plans to recruit and engage entrepreneurs and mentors
- Collaborate on the development and implementation of full vertical national and regional marketing campaigns to engage entrepreneurs and mentors, leveraging appropriate marketing channels;
- Collaborate with the project leads on funder initiatives and programs to develop the digital components required to meet objectives (i.e., email marketing, targeted ads, landing pages etc.);
- Develop and implement targeted paid digital campaigns through Google AdWords to drive lead generation across Canada, measuring their effectiveness and adjusting as necessary;
- Implement proper ROI tracking for each initiative, striving for continuous improvement, and assessing investments against pipeline growth, quality of leads and client engagement;
- Leverage cross-functional teams, external vendors and partners as needed to ensure budget and timelines are met;
- Prepare quarterly progress reports on marketing and lead generation initiatives, with relevant KPIs, CPAs and solutions; and
- Work collaboratively with the Business Development team and the Marketing & Communications team to implement plans, leveraging subject matter specialists in an efficient, co-ordinated manner.
Co-develop and implement Futurpreneur’s email marketing strategy
- Collaborate on the development and implementation of the email marketing strategy for lead generation, stakeholder engagement and brand awareness;
- Advise on the design and delivery of targeted newsletters (for clients, leads and key partners/stakeholders);
- Suggest creative ways of building and maintaining targeted email lists, and advising on ways to improve engagement;
- Suggest ways of expanding the reach of Futurpreneur content (for example, by developing packages for cross-promotion in partner newsletters); and
- Support the development and deployment of relevant client-focused surveys and communications, adjusting as necessary to meet objectives, advising on formatting and optimum cadence, and ensuring that all communications are CASL compliant while yielding an optimal response rate.
Support Futurpreneur Canada's customer experience with data-driven insights
- Collaborate closely with the IT team to gather business intelligence and develop and implement appropriate client journey workflows;
- Use Microsoft Dynamics, the company CRM, to pull the data required to develop targeted lead generation campaigns; determine ways of capturing additional data for lead attribution and reporting purposes; and create data visualizations and charts for a variety of stakeholders;
- Work in partnership with IT and client-facing teams to train/support internal stakeholders on Microsoft Dynamics as needed; and
- Translate client feedback and results into dashboards and data visualizations as needed.
Co-develop and implement Futurpreneur's web strategy
- Leverage internal content experts to develop and create/update relevant web pages, highlighting the value of our resources and optimizing the client experience on Futurpreneur.ca;
- Lead projects involving third-party development of Futurpreneur's digital marketing assets;
- Ensure that Futurpreneur websites meet WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards;
- Lead the front-end development of templates, HTML and PHP pages, as well as maintenance of the website, and digital tools such as the Business Plan Writer and the client application portal; and
- Develop custom landing pages for new lead generation campaigns and referral partners.
SEO and content optimization
- Ensure content on Futurpreneur’s websites and in digital campaigns is tagged and optimized for SEO; ensure content in the CRM is tagged appropriately for internal search.
What you will have:
- Intermediate or expert knowledge of digital marketing platforms and campaign techniques, including Google Adwords and paid social media ads
- Intermediate knowledge of WordPress, HTML, Basic Scripts, Web forms
- Basic knowledge of marketing automation platforms
- Intermediate knowledge of CRM platforms (preferably Microsoft Dynamics), Google Analytics
- Microsoft Office Suite
Front-End Website Development
- Platforms: Wordpress, Remote Desktop (Basic)
- Specific skills needed: HTML, CSS, JS, PHP (Basic), WCAG
- Platforms: Google Analytics, CRM (any, but Dynamics preferably), Data Visualization Tools
- Specific skills needed: Statistical analysis, SQL, R or Python (basic, nice to have); digital marketing
- Platforms: Google Ads, Facebook Ad Manager, email automation (any, but ClickDimensions preferably), Adobe Creative Cloud
- Specific skills needed: HTML for emails, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Understanding business needs
- Finding opportunities for value-add and improvements with every action
- Managing multiple tasks simultaneously, quickly and accurately
- Working with a wide variety of stakeholders to gain insights and find solutions
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills required
- Confident, proactive and self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Alignment with Futurpreneur’s values and commitment to the mission/purpose of the organization
- Be a role model for Futurpreneur’s organizational culture by creating a positive impact at every touchpoint with people
HOW TO APPLY:
- Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and salary expectations by March 23, 2020.
- Futurpreneur Canada is committed to an inclusive, equitable workplace and encourages applications for all qualified candidates. We embrace the unique perspectives and experiences within our team. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Enter your email address to begin your application for this job.