Enter your email address to begin your application for this job.
Business Development Manager (Ottawa)
About Futurpreneur Canada
Futurpreneur Canada is the only national non-profit that provides resources, financing and mentoring to aspiring business owners ages 18 to 39. Since 1996, we have supported over 12,000 young entrepreneurs launching more than 10,000 Canadian businesses in every province and territory across the country. Last year, 45% of the businesses supported by the Futurpreneur Start-up Program were women led. Mentoring is at the core of what we do, as we match every entrepreneur that we finance with a business expert from a network of 3,000 volunteer mentors. Futurpreneur is a founding member of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance, the Canadian member of Youth Business International and the Canadian host of Global Entrepreneurship Week.
Our Purpose (why we exist): To drive inclusive Canadian prosperity by fueling the success of young enterprise.
Our Mission (what we do every day to achieve our purpose): To provide early-stage financing, mentorship and other resources to help aspiring entrepreneurs age 18-39 launch successful businesses that contribute to sustainable economic development in their communities and for Canada.
Our Values (how we work – our core principles & commitments): We are mission-driven, collegial & collaborative, diverse & inclusive, and accountable & transparent.
Here’s the opportunity: Business Development Manager
Located in or near the Ottawa region, you will provide relationship management principles, techniques, and support to young entrepreneurs relative to their entrepreneurial needs. You will collaborate and foster strong partnerships with key community partners, resulting in new client engagement and loan portfolio growth in communities across Ottawa and Eastern Ontario.
What you will do:
Business Development- Entrepreneurs
- Convert entrepreneur leads from inquiry through the application stage of our process
- Identify regional marketing vehicles and potential target markets
- Attend and coordinate events that provide opportunities to engage perspective and current entrepreneurs
- Facilitate presentations and workshops that promote Futurpreneur Canada programs and support entrepreneurial skill development
- Support regional lead on marketing and communication activities and logistics
- Manage high potential prospects through addition to client relationship management system and follow-up as required
- Communication with client relationship manager to ensure smooth transition of applicant to funding stage
Business Development – Mentors
- Attend and coordinate events that provide the opportunity to engage prospective mentors
- Manage prospective mentor inquiries regarding mentoring program and application process
- Communication with client relationship manager regarding fulfilling mentor gaps
- Create connections to Futurpreneur mentor care resources and other regional resources available to support mentoring success
- Provide exit interviews to receive valuable feedback and retain mentors
- Recruit mentors and encourage them to register with Futurpreneur Canada to support our entrepreneurs
Business Development – Community Partners
- Connect with community partners on a regular basis to keep Futurpreneur top of mind to their staff, and maintain relationships
- Execute community partner onboarding; train new and retrain existing partners and ensure they are fully aware of Futurpreneur processes
- Be a resource and support community partner activities to bring entrepreneurs to a loan approval stage
- Loan document and compliance support for loan disbursement activity
- Manage relationship with Community Partner, as well as grow the number of community partners if and where appropriate
- Attend and coordinate events that provide the opportunity to engage formal community partners
- Identify potential partners through research, events, networking and referrals
- Manage inquiries from potential new partners
Business Development – Referral Partners
- Identify and onboard potential non-formal referral partners
- Attend and coordinate events that provide the opportunity to engage non-formal community partners
- Engage and create buy in from potential referral partners and communities
- Manage referral partner inquiries
- Connect with non-formal community partners on a regular basis to keep top of mind, ensure Futurpreneur program understanding and maintain relationships
What you will have:
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle (40% of this role includes local and provincial travel)
- Bilingualism in French & English (spoken & written) is a must;
- 3-year college diploma in Business Administration or related discipline
- 3 years of experience in sales, start-up business development or economic development position
- Experience working with entrepreneurs or business startups, business plans and cashflows is considered a strong asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to influence
- Strong customer focus with the ability to work with volunteers
- Proficient with computer skills; experience with a Customer Relationship Management system is required
- Confident, proactive and self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Team Oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to develop and facilitate program presentations and workshops
- Knowledge of trends within the entrepreneurial, startup, small business industry
- General administration experience including budget management, report writing, etc.
- Alignment with Futurpreneur’s values and commitment to the mission/purpose of the organization
- Be a role model for Futurpreneur’s organizational culture by creating a positive impact at every touchpoint with people
- Event planning and execution experience
- Management and volunteer management
- Experience managing social media accounts (LinkedIn, Twitter)
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and salary expectations by February 7, 2020.
Futurpreneur Canada is committed to an inclusive, equitable workplace and encourages applications for all qualified candidates. We embrace the unique perspectives and experiences within our team. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Enter your email address to begin your application for this job.