Enter your email address to begin your application for this job.
About Futurpreneur Canada
Futurpreneur Canada is the only national non-profit that provides resources, financing and mentoring to aspiring business owners ages 18 to 39. Since 1996, we have supported over 12,000 young entrepreneurs launch over 10,000 Canadian businesses in every province and territory across the country, 45% of which are women led. Mentoring is at the core of what we do, as we match every entrepreneur that we finance with a business expert from a network of 3,000 volunteer mentors. Futurpreneur is a founding member of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance, the Canadian member of Youth Business International and the Canadian host of Global Entrepreneurship Week.
Here’s the opportunity:
Serving as a business partner to meet the needs of Futurpreneur Canada’s strategic goals and priorities, the Manager, Communications will lead the development of corporate communications and PR strategies to shape Futurpreneur’s brand as a national leader in supporting, celebrating and connecting entrepreneurs, mentors and key influencers. This position will also manage employees to advance Futurpreneur Canada’s marketing and communications priorities.
What you will do:
Develop and manage the implementation of communications and brand strategies to achieve annual corporate goals
- Leverage and work with the marketing and creative services team to ensure consistency in corporate brand identity and messaging in all Futurpreneur Canada’s marketing assets and promotional material;
- Lead the development and deployment of brand satisfaction/client feedback surveys to identify opportunities to increase brand loyalty and retention;
- Lead the development of corporate communications for the office of the CEO;
- Manage external vendor relationships to ensure design objectives are met and within budget and according to brand guidelines;
- Partner with the Programs team in the development of national communications strategies addressing fundamental changes to Futurpreneur Canada’s core offering (changes and additions to financing, mentoring criteria etc.);
- Oversee translations process and the development of native French content with the support of French Communications and Creative Services Specialist;
Set media strategies and manage the implementation through internal resources and external vendors
- Develop annual media plans, with primary focus on earned media, in collaboration with the Director, Marketing and Communications, and internal stakeholders with clear goals, key messages, a calendar of events, responsibilities and success measures;
- Expand and diversify our media relationships to secure increased coverage of Futurpreneur Canada by retaining traditional media outlets and exploring non-traditional means for storytelling;
- Create targeted media lists tailored to specific initiatives and areas, increasing direct targeted outreach approaches and minimizing wire posting fees;
- Actively promote and secure opportunities for Futurpreneur Canada and its entrepreneurs and mentors to be featured in media interviews and other public speaking engagements, preparing spokespeople as required;
- Promote the value and goals of our media relations efforts internally, tracking overall media coverage and providing senior leaders and board reports with recent articles scored using MRP;
- Ensure all press releases and significant media coverage are available on futurpreneur.ca in a timely manner;
- Annually evaluate media monitoring vendor offerings and engagement tools to ensure the best value for our investment;
- Oversee social media planning and online engagement with the support of Specialist, Social Media and Content Creation;
- Align social media strategy with overall media plans;
Develop, coach and manage direct reports.
- Invite employees to be their best selves by holding them accountable to responsibilities while also being 100% committed to their growth and success.
Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders, serving as an effective business partner
- Work with program managers, regional directors, corporate partnership professionals to manage expectations of plans and budget to meet strategic goals;
- Gain a clear understanding of the specific needs of the internal stakeholders’ communications and PR needs and identify solutions accordingly;
- Build trusting and successful relationships with internal stakeholders and deliver strong customer service;
What you bring:
- A university degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or similar program.
- A minimum of 4-6 years related media relations/Communications.
- Proven experience in corporate communications.
- Exemplary writing skills and experience creating and writing messages that are compelling across media.
- Expert in corporate communications and brand management.
- Expert understanding of media and online relationship-building and pitching
- Strong understanding of media relations, social media, digital advertising and the creative process.
- Detail oriented, organized and data-driven mindset required.
Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to consider multiple perspectives and solve issues with a positive outcome, while balancing priorities.
- Demonstrates awareness and support of the organization’s objectives and strategy, communicates appropriately.
- Ability to collaborate efficiently with third-party organizations and vendors to achieve organizational objectives.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team of marketing professionals of varying levels
- Optimize budget allocation to maximize ROI by channel.
- An ability to communicate in French will be an asset in this role, but not required
You get bonus points for being:
- An accredited Business Communicator (is preferred but not necessary)
- Bilingual – English/French (fluently able to speak, read and write)
What we offer:
Futurpreneur offers you the opportunity to work for an organization with a clear and compelling purpose - helping young entrepreneurs realize their dreams. Respect, teamwork, diversity and inclusion, transparency, empathy, impact, innovation, high performance, recognition and working hard and having fun are important to us!
We offer an attractive compensation package that encompasses a competitive salary, amazing benefits and the opportunity to make an impact in the lives of young entrepreneurs and Canada’s economy.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume, cover letter and salary expectations by October 8, 2019.
Futurpreneur will make available reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities upon request. We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Enter your email address to begin your application for this job.