Enter your email address to begin your application for this job.
COMPANY: Walker Industries
LOCATION: Oakville, ON
TYPE: Permanent full time
It’s not every day that you come across an opportunity that provides a chance for you to use your financial and business analysis experience, in one of the Niagara region’s top employers. Today is that day.
If you’re looking for an exciting new position, where you can grow your career while using your analytical skills and operational mindset to support a large multinational business, this could be your next role.
WALKER INDUSTRIES HOLDINGS LIMITED:
Since 1887, Walker Industries has proven to be a dynamic and diversified company. Our group of companies include aggregates, construction, emulsions, organics resource recovery, waste management, and renewable energy projects. Walker Industries has a strong reputation for integrity and advanced solutions. We are dedicated to the environment, community, and safety of our employees.
As our new Financial Analyst, you will join our newly formed Finance Analytics team, reporting to the Manager, Finance Analytics.
To start, you’ll be closely involved in our new ERP implementation project. Working closely with the Manager, Finance Analytics, you will support the design and implementation of the business analytics and financial reporting structure within our new ERP system.
Afterward, you will be involved in the design and development of our key metrics reporting system, working off of your contributions to the ERP project. You’ll provide a centralized service to all our various operations, working across our business units to support the controllers and senior management. Your goal will be to learn our businesses and their unique challenges, and through your understanding of our key business drivers, set up financial analysis and reporting structures that will provide valuable financial insight to our team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist in the design and development of a key metrics reporting system, such as dashboards, for use across the organization to provide timely financial insight to the business units using various data base software tools such as Tableau.
- Analyze, design, and implement analytical tools and models to assist business units in improving operational performance.
- Assist in providing additional information and analysis of financial and operational data, in conjunction with divisional accounting staff, to respond to and resolve inquiries from the business units.
- Assist senior management in establishing appropriate financial analysis metrics to accomplish desired outcomes.
- Create new and supplementary reporting methods for management use in proactive problem solving.
- Provide financial analysis and forecasts for use in the development of strategic business initiatives.
- Create predictive/forecasting models for business units based on historical data and potential changes to key business drivers.
- Support the development of new processes, systems and models, in conjunction with accounting staff, to strengthen the budgeting and forecasting activities of the organization.
- Assist in the development of an effective communication process with Divisional and Corporate business partners to identify key business drivers and Divisional reporting needs.
- Provide training and support as required at all points along the data stream, from collection to analysis and interpretation.
- Provide recommendations to operational and functional groups on ways to improve data collection, data entry and timeliness.
- As a member of the ERP implementation team help design the business analytics reporting structure and ensure operational needs are represented in the end design of the new ERP.
This is a new role, as part of a new team, so this role presents and exciting opportunity to make your mark in a fantastic company. You will have an opportunity to work across the organization and its different business units and will gain a strong understanding of our entire operation. You’ll have the opportunity to make a positive impact on our whole business, as you become a key player in establishing and refining our reporting and analytics structures.
If you’re ready to join an organization with an excellent reputation, a great work environment, and friendly employees, then we can’t wait to hear from you.
This is a permanent full-time role offering a salary plus benefits after 3 months and a company pension plan after one year. You’ll work out of our Oakville office, Monday to Friday. We have a convenient flex time schedule (with core hours between 9 am – 4 pm) with some overtime required.
- 2-3 years’ of experience in an accounting, financial analysis, or business analysis role, preferably in a large sized manufacturing environment
- Experience working with Oracle ERP system
- Experience with database tools such as the following: Oracle Fusion, Oracle Hyperion, Tableau, Cognos
- Advanced/expert level Microsoft Excel skills
- University degree in finance, business, math, computer science, or related discipline
- Professional accounting designation is an asset
Working at Walker Industries
Established in 1887, we are proud to be a fifth-generation, family-owned, Canadian company. Our group of companies includes aggregates, paving & construction, emulsions and environmental waste & recycling solutions. We are known for our philanthropy and ‘above and beyond’ service to our customers and communities.
There’s a lot more we’re proud of too.
We’re proud to be growing, serving more customers and providing more jobs across Canada and the USA.
We’re proud of our environmental stewardship – meeting today’s needs without compromising the needs of future generations.
We’re proud to use the best tools and technology in the business – serving our customers well and keeping our employees safe.
And we’re proud of an awesome people-first culture. Working here means being part of a team – not a cog in a machine – and even in regional offices we feel valued, autonomous, and central to the action. Everyone at Walker has a voice.
How to Apply:
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.
Enter your email address to begin your application for this job.