Enter your email address to begin your application for this job.
Client Relationship Manager (Contract)
Do you enjoy building lasting connections?
Do you understand what it takes to run a successful business?
Are you passionate about helping young entrepreneurs realize their potential?
Then you might just be the person we have been looking for!
Futurpreneur Canada, (“Futurpreneur”) has been fueling the entrepreneurial passions of Canada’s young entrepreneurs for more than two decades. We are Canada’s only national, not-for-profit organization that provides financing, mentorship, and support to aspiring business owners aged 18-39. Futurpreneur’s 90 employees have supported young entrepreneurs in founding more than 1,000 new businesses in each of the last three years, spanning every province and territory. Futurpreneur is a founding member of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance, the Canadian member of The Prince’s Youth Business International, and the Canadian host of Global Entrepreneurship Week. Our purpose and passion are to help Canada’s young entrepreneurs succeed.
As a Client Relationship Manager you will play an integral role in the continued growth of the organization’s overall success. You will be responsible for assisting entrepreneurs with creating and developing successful applications for all Futurpreneur programs and services, while maintaining an exceptional level of client satisfaction and ensuring regional targets are met and/or surpassed.
Key objectives of this position include:
Pre-screening of Entrepreneurs
- Conduct a summary review of the application including business plan and cash flow to determine eligibility for programs and funding
- Communicate potential issues surrounding the eligibility (including business plan, industry, timing, etc.)
- Conduct analysis of credit report to determine if entrepreneur qualifies for financing from Futurpreneur Canada and/or co-funding partner
- Determine funding limits and communicate credit issues to entrepreneur to improve their financial literacy
Program Application - Consultation with Entrepreneurs
- Review application including business plan and cash flow to determine business viability and help the entrepreneur update the application to meet the standards of Futurpreneur Canada
- Evaluate submissions and provide feedback necessary to build viable business plans and cash-flows that meet Futurpreneur requirements.
- Compile and evaluate all additional documentation required to submit a complete application to National Adjudication.
- Evaluate an applicant’s strengths and abilities connect them with specific corporate resources
- Summarize pertinent information not found in the submission that will affect adjudication reviews.
- Evaluate work-flow based on quantity and quality of applicants and predict likely disbursement months or dates
Program Application - Consultation with Community Partners
- Inquire on a CP’s available capacity to manage an application and assign applications as needed.
- Answer application related questions as needed.
- Review CP submitted applications to determine viability using Business Risk Predictor and by known Futurpreneur requirements.
- Review applications to determine if CP file is missing any required documentation.
- Assist Community Partners in helping applicants understand what is expected from a submission including documents and timelines.
- Provide support to BDMs in training community partners on program details and the submission of quality applications.
- Summarize pertinent information not found in the submission that will affect adjudication’s reviews.
- Submitted completed application to National Adjudication.
Program Application - Conditions
- Prepare and communicate program acceptance and outstanding conditions necessary for disbursement.
- Collect and evaluate required conditional documents.
- Review the mentor database to find suitable mentors and facilitate introductions between entrepreneur and mentor.
- Ensure entrepreneur and mentor understand and complete online mentoring orientation session.
- Resolve communication problems and conflicts between mentors and applicants.
- Prepare, sign and submit loan agreements, promissory note and other required legal documents.
- Communicate with compliance, applicant and mentors to ensure the loan is disbursed.
- Conduct rematches if notified by mentor or entrepreneur of unsuitable match
Program Application - Internal Relations and Compliance
- Work directly with adjudication, EIR and loans teams to ensure entrepreneur applications are within eligibility requirements
- Consult with business development team on strategies to increase mentor and entrepreneur interest
- Other duties as assigned
- University Degree in Business Administration or a related field
- 2-3 years of experience in a client support/client relations or banking role
- Bilingual English & French is preferred; strong written and verbal communication skills in both languages are a huge asset
- Excellent client/customer service experience with a desire to support the client/customer
- A track record in meeting sales targets; self-motivated and dependable
- Proactive approach to conflict resolution
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure in a dynamic environment
In addition to base salary, Futurpreneur offers a comprehensive benefits package, health spending account, RRSP matching plan, tuition reimbursement, parental leave top-up plan, and 3 weeks starting vacation.
Futurpreneur is built on the foundation of supporting others, and our evolving culture is a reflection of that. We are a team of diverse individuals with experiences across sectors who bring a growth mindset and passion to the work we do. Our team of 90 includes 55+ employees at our Toronto headquarters, 10-12 person offices in Montreal and Vancouver, and several 1-2 person offices across Canada working in a wide variety of functions. Our dispersed geography increases our commitment to fostering a collaborative work environment that ensures we work, grow, and learn together.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter, including your salary expectations, for consideration.
Futurpreneur is committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Futurpreneur. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.
Enter your email address to begin your application for this job.