Enter your email address to begin your application for this job.
Business Development Manager, Central North Ontario
Do you have a passion for helping young entrepreneurs pursue their dreams?
Are you a creative problem solver who is an expert at building quality business plans?
Do you walk into a room and immediately see 50 potential friends, business associates and peers?
If you answered yes to these questions, then you might be the person we've been looking for!
Futurpreneur Canada, (“Futurpreneur”) has been fueling the entrepreneurial passions of Canada’s young entrepreneurs for more than two decades. We are Canada’s only national, not-for-profit organization that provides financing, mentorship, and support to aspiring business owners aged 18-39. Futurpreneur’s 90 employees have supported young entrepreneurs in founding more than 1,000 new businesses in each of the last three years, spanning every province and territory. Futurpreneur is a founding member of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance, the Canadian member of The Prince’s Youth Business International, and the Canadian host of Global Entrepreneurship Week. Our purpose and passion are to help Canada’s young entrepreneurs succeed.
Located at an office location in or near Barrie, you will provide relationship management principles, techniques, and support to young entrepreneurs relative to their entrepreneurial needs. You will collaborate and foster strong partnerships with key community partners, resulting in new client engagement and loan portfolio growth in communities across Central and Northern Ontario.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
Business Development – Entrepreneurs
- Convert entrepreneur leads from inquiry through the application stage of our process
- Identify regional marketing vehicles and potential target markets
- Attend and coordinate events that provide opportunities to engage perspective and current entrepreneurs
- Facilitate presentations and workshops that promote Futurpreneur Canada programs and support entrepreneurial skill development
- Support regional lead on marketing and communication activities and logistics
- Manage high potential prospects through addition to client relationship management system and follow-up as required
- Communication with client relationship manager to ensure smooth transition of applicant to funding stage
Business Development – Mentors
- Attend and coordinate events that provide the opportunity to engage prospective mentors
- Manage prospective mentor inquiries regarding mentoring program and application process
- Work closely with Client Services team in regards to fulfilling mentor gaps
- Create connections to Futurpreneur mentor care resources and other regional resources available to support mentoring success
- Provide exit interviews to receive valuable feedback and retain mentors
- Recruit mentors and encourage them to register with Futurpreneur Canada to support our entrepreneurs
Business Development – Community Partners
- Connect with community partners on a regular basis to keep Futurpreneur top of mind to their staff and maintain relationships
- Execute community partner onboarding; train new and retrain existing partners and ensure they are fully aware of Futurpreneur processes
- Be a resource and support community partner activities to bring entrepreneurs to a loan approval stage
- Loan document and compliance support for loan disbursement activity
- Manage relationship with Community Partner, as well as grow the number of community partners if and where appropriate
- Attend and coordinate events that provide the opportunity to engage formal community partners
- Identify potential partners through research, events, networking and referrals
- Manage inquiries from potential new partners
Business Development – Strategic Partners
- Identify and onboard potential non-formal referral partners
- Attend and coordinate events that provide the opportunity to engage non-formal community partners
- Engage and create buy in with potential non-formal community partners and communities
- Manage referral partner inquiries
- Connect with non-formal community partners on a regular basis to keep top of mind, ensure Futurpreneur program understanding and maintain relationships
- Must have a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle (40% of this role includes local and provincial travel)
- At least 3 years of experience working in sales, business development, or economic development
- Prior experience with general administrative duties including budget management, report writing, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to influence others
- Strong customer focus with the ability to work with volunteers
- Leadership skills to retain entrepreneurs, partners and mentors
- Confident, proactive and self-motivated, able to work with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of trends surrounding like-minded organizations, communities and schools
- Experience with social media (LinkedIn, Twitter) considered an asset
- Proficient with computer skills; experience with a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system is required – we use Microsoft Dynamics
- Strong desire to work with entrepreneurs, start-ups, business plans and cashflows
- Prior experience in event planning and execution, managing volunteers, social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) is an asset
- Knowledge and/or experience with Futurpreneur programs is an asset
- Bilingual, English and French is an asset
In addition to base salary, Futurpreneur offers a comprehensive benefits package, health spending account, RRSP matching plan, tuition reimbursement, parental leave top-up plan, and 3 weeks starting vacation.
Futurpreneur is built on the foundation of supporting others, and our evolving culture is a reflection of that. We are a team of diverse individuals with experiences across sectors who bring a growth mindset and passion to the work we do. Our team of 90 includes 55+ employees at our Toronto headquarters, 10-12 person offices in Montreal and Vancouver, and several 1-2 person offices across Canada working in a wide variety of functions. Our dispersed geography increases our commitment to fostering a collaborative work environment that ensures we work, grow, and learn together.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter, including your salary expectations, for consideration.
Futurpreneur is committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Futurpreneur. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.
Enter your email address to begin your application for this job.