Enter your email address to begin your application for this job.
National Credit Adjudication & Compliance Manager - Bilingual
Do you have experience working in the financial services industry with a focus on credit granting?
Are you looking to make a difference in your work with an impactful organization?
Do you have a passion for small businesses and entrepreneurship?
If you answered yes to these questions, then you might be the person we've been looking for!
Futurpreneur Canada, (“Futurpreneur”) has been fueling the entrepreneurial passions of Canada’s young entrepreneurs for more than two decades. We are Canada’s only national, not-for-profit organization that provides financing, mentorship, and support to aspiring business owners aged 18-39. Futurpreneur’s 90 employees have supported young entrepreneurs in founding more than 1,000 new businesses in each of the last three years, spanning every province and territory. Futurpreneur is a founding member of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance, the Canadian member of The Prince’s Youth Business International, and the Canadian host of Global Entrepreneurship Week. Our purpose and passion are to help Canada’s young entrepreneurs succeed.
As National Credit Adjudication (NCA) & Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for the review of credit applications and making sure it complies with the Futurpreneur Canada risk profile. As the subject matter expert on the credit and eligibility of entrepreneur applications, this role aims to help build successful businesses through the risk assessment of entrepreneur files. In this role, you will also ensure the accurate and timely preparation and completion of files for disbursement, ensuring all conditions are met as required prior to loan disbursement.
This is a full-time permanent role based in our National Office in Toronto, ON.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE:
File review & Credit Decisions (NCA)
- Assess the eligibility of the applicant and of the application and decision based on Futurpreneur Canada Risk policy and application details
- Analyze credit bureau reports
- Assess viability of business plans and cash flow statements; test for reasonableness in relationship to the business plan and industry norms
- Ensure that applications comply with the Business Risk Predictor and Credit Decision Matrix
- Follow up with appropriate stakeholders for clarification/additional information as required
- Ensure that all declined applications are fully documented and have proper sign off from one up review (example: CFO)
- Decision files and respond to inquiries within established SLA’s (NCA - 48 hours)
- Review Loan Application details ensuring they meet Futurpreneur Canada’s core eligibility
- Identify and clarify with appropriate internal contacts/manager any eligibility concerns
- As the subject matter expert, support new and existing programs from a risk perspective
- Provide ongoing mentoring to Client Services team and other internal stakeholders through feedback and coaching to drive higher quality applications
- Clearly communicate to the Client Services team and to other stakeholders all credit decisions, to ensure message accurately conveys “what” the decision is and “why” this decision was made
Compliance Processes (NCC)
- Ensure all co-funded applications comply with the BDC co-lending agreement KYC (Know your Customer) requirements and all checklist criteria, including ID verification methods
- Ownership and “Existence of Entity” verified against business registration and additional documents as required
- Credit Risk Matrix exceptions – ensure documented sign off with one up approval is on file
- Review of outstanding loan conditions submitted by stakeholders - review conditions and source NCA approval as required. Document approval in Tactus, or inform stakeholders where information submitted does not satisfy the condition/s, and provide explanations
- Final verification of core eligibility (such as Age eligibility, CDN Citizen or Permanent Resident, etc.)
- Continuously seek efficiencies via innovation and process improvements; and improve SLA’s
- Assist with the resolution of post disbursement conditions
- Ensure Data in Tactus is up to date regarding Compliance activities
- Review all conditions set by NCA for approved customers and enter into the CRM database (Tactus) for tracking
- Review responses and documents received from internal stakeholders relating to conditions; profile to NCA where required for NCA sign off
- Respond to and action updates regarding conditions within established SLA’s
- Process files for disbursement in Tactus once all outstanding loan conditions have been satisfied; files must flow seamlessly to Loans for disbursement within established SLA’s
- Contribute to cross functional team meetings as required
- Complete BDC checklists and forward to BDC only when correct, & compliant with BDC requirements
- Ensure core documents are correct and compliant, i.e. banking information for disbursement, Loan Agreement and Promissary Note, Business and other ownership confirmation, ID documents, BDC financing application form, other condition documents
Key Stakeholder Support
- Clearly explain the rationale when applications or inquiries are deemed ineligible to key stakeholders
- Look for cross functional opportunities between NCA and Compliance to improve process and hand offs – with a view towards improving the customer experience
- Pro-actively communicate to avoid misunderstandings – example: if a stakeholder submits a loan condition and feels it is satisfactory, but it is not- promptly communicate the situation to the stakeholder and the reason why the information submitted does not satisfy the condition
- Participate in cross functional teams and meetings
- 3 year college diploma in Finance, Business Administration, or a related discipline
- Bilingual, English & French – must have strong English and French verbal and written communication skills
- At least 2 years of experience in financial services with a focus on credit granting, financial analysis and reporting
- Strong organizational skills
- Working knowledge of credit and regulatory requirements
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Experience working with a Client Relationship Management (CRM) system
- Demonstrated experience in supporting internal and external client needs
- Proven success working both independently and as part of a team
In addition to base salary, Futurpreneur offers a comprehensive benefits package, health spending account, RRSP matching plan, tuition reimbursement, parental leave top-up plan, and 3 weeks starting vacation.
Futurpreneur is built on the foundation of supporting others, and our evolving culture is a reflection of that. We are a team of diverse individuals with experiences across sectors who bring a growth mindset and passion to the work we do. Our team of 90 includes 55+ employees at our Toronto headquarters, 10-12 person offices in Montreal and Vancouver, and several 1-2 person offices across Canada working in a wide variety of functions. Our dispersed geography increases our commitment to fostering a collaborative work environment that ensures we work, grow, and learn together.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter, including your salary expectations, for consideration.
Futurpreneur is committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Futurpreneur. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.
Enter your email address to begin your application for this job.