Enter your email address to begin your application for this job.
Regional Director, Alberta & Northwest Territories (based in Calgary or Edmonton)
Are you passionate about helping Entrepreneurs take their ideas from vision to reality?
Do you have a strong network of relationships with community builders, entrepreneurs and public sector leaders?
Are you motivated to lead a team and provide the guidance they need to excel?
Then you could be our ideal candidate and we would like to hear from you!
Our purpose and passion are to help Canada’s young entrepreneurs succeed.
Futurpreneur Canada, (“Futurpreneur”) has been fueling the entrepreneurial passions of Canada’s young entrepreneurs for over two decades. We are Canada’s only national, not-for-profit organization that provides financing, mentorship, and support to aspiring business owners aged 18-39. Futurpreneur’s 90 employees have supported more than 12,000 young entrepreneurs in founding new businesses spanning every province and territory. Futurpreneur is a founding member of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance, the Canadian member of Youth Business International, and the Canadian host of Global Entrepreneurship Week.
Regional Director, Alberta and Northwest Territories
Futurpreneur is seeking a Regional Director for Alberta and the Northwest Territories whose sense of purpose and entrepreneurial mentality will help our provincial business development team attract and support new clients and partners for Futurpreneur. In other words, we’re looking for a self-starting, resourceful and inspiring leader who will engage our team to make an impact.
Reporting to the Toronto-based CEO of Futurpreneur Canada, the successful candidate will play a key role in working with the CEO and cross-functional leaders to build our brand in Alberta and the Northwest Territories. You will also be an active participant on the Futurpreneur Canada Management Team, a decision-making body comprising key national functions and other regional directors. You will build and maintain relationships with three external stakeholder groups: our Young Entrepreneurs and Mentors (our clients); our Community and Referral Partners (access to clients); and our provincial funders and partners, both corporate and government.
Your primary focus is to develop and implement regional programs and outreach plans designed to maintain and increase lead generation and participation in Futurpreneur’s Start-up program for both Young Entrepreneurs and volunteer Mentors. As part of this, you will maintain and expand on the robust community network of key strategic and community partners and influencers in the market. As an established leader in your province with a strong existing network, your keen awareness of the regional market and target customer segments will enable you to actively manage your local team, so they can achieve their business development targets, and help you build the Futurpreneur brand in the region.
You will actively collaborate with your functional colleagues in marketing and community engagement in the development and implementation of marketing initiatives and programs to ensure they are delivered with regional relevance; and with colleagues in corporate and public affairs on federal and provincial funding opportunities which will benefit from your local relationships and market understanding.
- Build a pipeline of aspiring of Young Entrepreneurs and Mentors throughout Alberta and the Northwest Territories and support your team in converting these Entrepreneurs and Mentors into prospective Futurpreneur clients
- Collaborate with Regional Director colleagues across the country to create a differentiated Futurpreneur client experience for prospective Young Entrepreneurs and Mentors
- Track progress against business targets on an ongoing basis, working with colleagues to achieve goals
- Actively promote Futurpreneur Canada through regular and assertive outreach, speaking and participating at local events and conferences
- Recognize synergies between prospective Community Partners and Futurpreneur Canada program offerings and execute plans to benefit both parties
Marketing & Community Engagement
- Using knowledge of the Alberta and Northwest Territories market and entrepreneur support ecosystem, identify and market Futurpreneur’s unique selling propositions and differentiators for the local market and tailor marketing content for local relevance
- Collaborate with Head of Marketing and Community Engagement to identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in entrepreneur intake
Develop, Coach and Manage Team
- Manage, coach and develop your regional team to achieve optimal performance and contribute to achieving regional goals
- Build a positive team culture aligned to organizational vision and strategic priorities
- Prospect, foster and cultivate relationships with strategic Community and Referral Partners with complementary roles in supporting Young Entrepreneurs
- Collaborate with SVP External Engagement to develop and maintain key provincial government relationships, leveraging local insights and building/maintaining the right relationships
- Identify new outreach opportunities within region to support revenue generation activities, collaborating with Public and Corporate Affairs to execute on activities
This is a permanent, full-time position in the regional hub office in Alberta (EITHER CALGARY OR EDMONTON), working a flex schedule depending on timing of business development events. Travel is an important component of this job, both within the region and to the national office in Toronto.
In addition to salary, Futurpreneur offers a comprehensive benefits package, health spending account, RRSP matching plan, learning and development program, parental leave top-up plan, and 4 weeks starting vacation.
Why will you be successful? You bring with you:
- University degree (or equivalent) is essential
- 7 years of progressive experience driving pipeline and customer experience in a sales, business development or economic development position, including 3 years leading a business development team
- Experience working in the not-for-profit sector or social finance is an asset
- Strong ability to work with senior level executives and others to drive business goals, plans and execution.
- Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams to achieve shared outcomes, as well as with eternal stakeholders in a wide variety of business disciplines.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, problem solver
- Can-do attitude
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and adaptable to change.
Futurpreneur is built on the foundation of supporting others, and our evolving culture reflects that. We are a team of diverse individuals with experiences across sectors who bring a growth mindset and passion to the work we do. Our team of 90 includes 55+ employees at our Toronto headquarters, 6-12-person offices in Montreal and Vancouver, and several 1-2-person offices across Canada working in a wide variety of functions. Our dispersed geography increases our commitment to fostering a collaborative work environment that ensures we work, grow, and learn together
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter, including your salary expectations, for consideration.
Futurpreneur is committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Futurpreneur. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.
Enter your email address to begin your application for this job.