Enter your email address to begin your application for this job.
Manager, Communications & Creative Services
Futurpreneur Canada, (“Futurpreneur”) has been fueling the entrepreneurial passions of Canada’s young entrepreneurs for more than two decades. We are Canada’s only national, not-for-profit organization that provides financing, mentorship, and support to aspiring business owners aged 18-39. Futurpreneur’s 90 employees have supported young entrepreneurs in founding more than 1,000 new businesses in each of the last three years, spanning every province and territory. Futurpreneur is a founding member of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance, the Canadian member of The Prince’s Youth Business International, and the Canadian host of Global Entrepreneurship Week. Our purpose and passion are to help Canada’s young entrepreneurs succeed.
Serving as a business partner to meet the needs of Futurpreneur Canada’s strategic goals and priorities, the Manager, Communications and Creative Services will lead the development of corporate communications and PR strategies to shape Futurpreneur’s brand as a national leader in supporting, celebrating and connecting entrepreneurs, mentors and key influencers. This position will also manage employees to advance Futurpreneur Canada’s marketing and communications priorities.
This is a full-time permanent role based in our National Office in Toronto, ON.
Key objectives of this position include:
Develop and manage the implementation of communications and brand strategies to achieve annual corporate goals
- Leverage and work with the marketing and creative services team to ensure consistency in corporate brand identity and messaging in all Futurpreneur Canada’s marketing assets and promotional material;
- Lead the development and deployment of brand satisfaction/client feedback surveys to identify opportunities to increase brand loyalty and retention;
- Lead the development of corporate communications for the office of the CEO;
- Manage external vendor relationships to ensure design objectives are met and within budget and according to brand guidelines;
- Partner with the Programs team in the development of national communications strategies addressing fundamental changes to Futurpreneur Canada’s core offering (changes and additions to financing, mentoring criteria etc.);
- Oversee translations process and the development of native French content with the support of French Communications and Creative Services Specialist;
Set media strategies and manage the implementation through internal resources and external vendors
- Develop annual media plans, with primary focus on earned media, in collaboration with the Director, Marketing and Communications, and internal stakeholders with clear goals, key messages, a calendar of events, responsibilities and success measures;
- Expand and diversify our media relationships to secure increased coverage of Futurpreneur Canada by retaining traditional media outlets and exploring non-traditional means for storytelling;
- Actively promote and secure opportunities for Futurpreneur Canada and its entrepreneurs and mentors to be featured in media interviews and other public speaking engagements, preparing spokespeople as required;
- Annually evaluate media monitoring vendor offerings and engagement tools to ensure the best value for our investment;
- Oversee social media planning and online engagement with the support of Specialist, Social Media and Content Creation;
- Align social media strategy with overall media plans;
Develop, coach and manage direct reports
- Proactively manage performance issues throughout the year;
- Proactively manage the professional development of the team member and complete annual professional development plans;
- Adhere to Futurpreneur Canada’s HR Policy Manual and consult with HR where necessary;
- A university degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Journalism or similar program.
- A minimum of 4-6 years related media relations/Communications.
- Proven experience in corporate communications.
- Exemplary writing skills and experience creating and writing messages that are compelling across media.
- Expert in corporate communications and brand management.
- Expert understanding of media and online relationship-building and pitching
- Strong understanding of media relations, social media, digital advertising and the creative process.
- Detail oriented, organized and data-driven mindset required.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to consider multiple perspectives and solve issues with a positive outcome, while balancing priorities.
- Demonstrates awareness and support of the organization’s objectives and strategy, communicates appropriately.
- Ability to collaborate efficiently with third-party organizations and vendors to achieve organizational objectives.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team of marketing professionals of varying levels
- Optimize budget allocation to maximize ROI by channel.
- An ability to communicate in French will be an asset in this role, but not required.
- Accredited Business Communicators (is preferred but not necessary).
In addition to base salary, Futurpreneur offers a comprehensive benefits package, health spending account, RRSP matching plan, tuition reimbursement, parental leave top-up plan, and 3 weeks starting vacation.
Futurpreneur is built on the foundation of supporting others, and our evolving culture is a reflection of that. We are a team of diverse individuals with experiences across sectors who bring a growth mindset and passion to the work we do. Our team of 90 includes 55+ employees at our Toronto headquarters, 10-12 person offices in Montreal and Vancouver, and several 1-2 person offices across Canada working in a wide variety of functions. Our dispersed geography increases our commitment to fostering a collaborative work environment that ensures we work, grow, and learn together.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume and cover letter, including your salary expectations, for consideration.
Futurpreneur is committed to a fair and accessible recruitment process for all candidates. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply to life at Futurpreneur. We would be happy to meet any accommodation requests during the application or interview process, please just let us know.
Enter your email address to begin your application for this job.