Enter your email address to begin your application for this job.
You’ve got your eye out for an accounting role - but not an ordinary one.
You are someone who takes initiative, loves to learn and grow, and thrives doing challenging work in a quick paced environment.
You also thrive when you get to understand the business, work closely with people across functions, and when you get to have a say not only in your own work but in the success of the business over time.
If that sounds like you, we’re All Treat Farms, in Arthur, Ontario and we’re looking for an Operations Analyst to join our growing team.
ALL TREAT FARMS
All Treat Farms, is a subsidiary of Walker Environmental, a division of Walker Industries. We are one of Ontario’s largest and most successful composting, soil blending and packaging facilities in the Province utilizing the GORE® cover technology in its compost facility.
As our new Operations Analyst, you will become part of a high-functioning business that operates a prosperous composting, soil blending, and packaging operation.
Your goal in this position is to help ensure the accuracy and integrity of plant manufacturing data and systems including pricing, costing, sales data, and materials maintenance. By verifying, accruing and analyzing detailed accounting information, you will support operational needs within the costing environment. Experience working in a manufacturing environment is important.
Supervising a small team of AR/AP colleagues and working closely with the General Manager, you will report to the Divisional Controller as the Operations Analyst responsible for All Treat Farms, a bustling division with over eighty employees. Serving this division with great accounting work means lots of variety, challenge and growth.
Under the supervision of the Divisional Controller, you will be responsible for providing a variety of skills that support our operational needs, such as:
- Maintains data integrity and accuracy of information of the manufacturing environment within the ERP system.
- Maintains, analyzes, and ensures accuracy of company’s standard costing system communicating variances to management and making corrections and updates as required.
- Analyzes financial information to identify and investigate significant variances to budget and provides explanations to support the Divisional Controller in preparing financial statements.
- Assists with the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledger accounts to ensure the integrity of financial information recorded.
- Provides additional information and analysis of financial data to respond and resolve inquiries from operations personnel as required.
- Responsible for coordinating inventory counts and assists in reconciling inventory count quantities to general ledger quantities.
- Assists in reviewing biweekly payroll reports and interfacing data into ERP system.
- Oversees the accounts payable function, ensuring vendor payments are made accurately and on a timely basis; provides supervision to the accounts payable clerk, to ensure that work is done accurately and efficiently and complies with policies, procedures and regulations as well as best working practices.
- Oversees the invoicing and cash receipts function, ensuring invoicing and cash application are made accurately and on a timely basis; provides supervision to the accounts receivable clerk, to ensure that work is done accurately and efficiently and complies with policies, procedures and regulations as well as best working practices.
- Assists in the preparation of annual budgets.
- Assists in the preparation of year-end working paper files and supporting documentation for the annual audited financial statements and corporate tax returns, as needed.
- Attends operating and financial review meetings to maintain current business knowledge and provide financial analysis as required.
This is a full-time, permanent role with a competitive salary, including a benefit package along with access to other unique employee programs.
The most important thing about you is that you are a self-starter who enjoys upholding accuracy that ensures systems and data are highly maintained. You are solutions oriented, motivated, communicate extremely well, and you are able to organize and prioritize daily and ongoing tasks and projects. You are courteous, tactful, and diplomatic when dealing with coworkers, suppliers, and customers. You are able to work with limited supervision yet follow directives and fulfill requests. You anticipate needs and are adaptable to changing circumstances with a keen attention for detail and a work ethic that requires thoroughness, accuracy, and consistency.
In addition, and at a minimum, these qualifications will help you stand out:
- High school graduation, or equivalent level of education;
- Additional post-secondary degree, or equivalent, in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Three or more years’ of business or accounting experience in a manufacturing setting, with full cost accounting and financial analysis responsibilities.
- Proficiency with Office Suite, particularly Excel work with filters and formulas.
- Experience working with and developing reporting databases.
- Experience with JDEdwards is an asset.
- Well-rounded business aptitude, including the eagerness to stay current in your field and the industries that you work in.
Working at Walker Industries
Established in 1887, we are proud to be a fifth-generation, family-owned, Canadian company. Our group of companies includes aggregates, paving & construction, emulsions and environmental waste & recycling solutions. We are known for our philanthropy and ‘above and beyond’ service to our customers and communities.
There’s a lot more we’re proud of too.
We’re proud to be growing, serving more customers and providing more jobs across Canada and the U.S.
We’re proud of our environmental stewardship – turning waste into useful products and energy and working to the highest standards of disposal.
We’re proud to use the best tools and technology in the business – serving our customers well and keeping our employees safe.
And we’re proud of an awesome people-first culture. Working here means being part of a team – not a cog in a machine – and even in regional offices we feel valued, autonomous, and central to the action. Everyone at Walker has a voice.
HOW TO APPLY
Internal applicants (current qualified Walker employees) who are interested in this opportunity must apply with a resume using our online application tool. We welcome external applicants who closely match the needs presented within this job posting.
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete candidate – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take roughly 10 minutes to complete. You can get a copy of your assessment when you’re done by logging back into the application tool.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the application.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, as they are received and look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible and before September 11, 2017.
Enter your email address to begin your application for this job.