Here at VHA, we recognize that achieving a post-secondary education can be a financial challenge for students and their families. That’s why VHA is proud to offer the Head Start Scholarship Program. Launched in 2012, $30,000 in scholarships has been awarded annually to students who are active in their communities and who have also achieved academic success.
VHA is encouraging children of VHA staff and service providers to apply for one of twenty (20) scholarship awards valued at $1,500 each. Applications for 2017 are being accepted from June 15 to July 31, 2017. Scholarship recipients will be notified by August 15, 2017.
VHA is a community-based organization that is proud to recognize excellence, community participation and support all forms of learning.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE APPLYING
Applicants must meet all criteria to be considered for a scholarship. Applicants must:
- Have a mother, father, or legal guardian that is currently working for VHA or Champlain Rehab Solutions for one (1) year or more.
- Is continuing post-secondary studies in either a full-time or part-time program at an accredited college, university or trade school in the Fall 2017 semester in Canada
- Is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
Previous years' applicants and scholarship recipients are welcome to apply for this year's Head Start Scholarship, as long as applicants meet the above requirements.
Please read carefully the following information.
In order for your application to be fully considered, applicants must have the following completed by July 31, 2017 at 11:59:59 pm EST:
1) Complete online application form
2) Most recent transcripts emailed to email@example.com
- After completing the online application form, applicants will have to email their most recent transcripts.
- If you are a student who has taken post-secondary studies for at least one (1) year, please email a copy of your most recent unofficial/official transcript. The transcript must clearly show your name and your most recent cumulative GPA.
If you are a graduating high school student, please email either the final report card for your first semester AND your most recent second semester report card.
Or if you are a graduating high school student attending a non-semestered secondary school, please email your most recent report card if you are attending a non-semestered secondary school.
Sample Application Form
As the application form will be completed online using JotForm, it is recommended to download the sample application to use in preparation for completing the online application form.
The sample application form can be accessed at the link below:
When you are ready to apply, please click on link located in the ONLINE APPLICATION section located below.
The online application can be accessed at the link below:
Deadline is July 31, 2017 at 11:59:59 PM EST
Having problems with the link? Copy and the paste the following link into your address bar:
© 2017 VHA HOME HEALTHCARE
© 2017 SOINS À DOMICILE VHA
Should you have any questions about the scholarship program or require assistance, please leave a message at (416) 489-2500 ext. 4711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are reviewed by a Selection Committee and assessed based on their:
- Academic achievement
- Financial need
- Community involvement/volunteer activities
To receive information about future opportunities with us, please enter your email below.