Talent Acquisition Specialist
We are seeking a driven and passionate Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our growing HR Team!
Do you love 'the search' and utilizing the recruitment process to help find talented people?
Do you want to be part of a growing company and a growing HR Team?
Do you like to be involved in additional HR areas besides recruiting?
Then join an established and award-winning team at Binary Stream Software!
Why join us? We are ranked as one of BC Business Magazine’s “Fastest Growing Software Companies” and one of the 2018 “Top 100 Tech Companies in BC” by Business in Vancouver! We are still growing due to our goal of worldwide demand for our available Dynamics 365 solutions! This means great opportunities to develop and grow your career long term with us and we provide a great place to work where everyone feels engaged and appreciated! Our success is defined by our collaborative culture because our teams value coming into our office every morning, connecting and working together to create solutions!
We are a gold-certified Independent Software Vendor for Microsoft, creating add-on solutions to enhance the accounting capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics ERP. Binary Stream solutions help organizations facing complex accounting challenges to achieve Tier 1 ERP capabilities without upgrading or adding additional accounting staff. We help make critical business processes scalable, easier to manage and increase savings of hundreds of thousands of dollars! Our solutions have been a key element in the Microsoft Dynamics ERP ecosystem for decades. At Binary Stream, we know that achieving these results takes a world class team. Our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people.
- 3+ years' progressive experience in full-cycle recruitment.
- Previous experience within a high tech company.
- Able to lead recruitment initiatives collaborating with hiring managers and key stakeholders.
- Data driven! Tracks time to fill, quality of hire, etc., and shares with the team.
- Passionate about employer branding, and utilizing social media and other tools, to promote the company as a great place to work.
- Likes to be involved in employee engagement activities, such as events, lunch & learns, wellness initiatives, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver successful results.
- Excels working in a fast-paced environment and is able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Wants a great environment to work!
Reporting to the head of HR, the Talent Acquisition Specialist leads the full cycle recruitment process, coordinating with hiring managers to fully understand the role requirements and core competencies, and actively pursuing innovative ways to recruit and retain top talent. The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for providing an exceptional candidate experience, while ensuring compliance with our hiring practices and company values. In addition, this full-time position actively promotes our employer brand, schedules new employee onboarding, assists in planning employee events, and other HR duties/projects as required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with all stakeholders to understand the recruitment needs
- Lead full-cycle recruitment including; writing job descriptions and advertisements, posting, resume screening, conducting telephone pre-screens, coordinating and conducting interviews, facilitating employment testing, reference checking and preparing job offers packages.
- Actively source talent by building networks and cultivating relationships within talent networks and through LinkedIn to find qualified and “great fit” candidates.
- Identify hard-to-fill roles and source innovative channels for recruitment
- Research, leverage and recommend best practice recruitment strategies using various tools (i.e. social media, websites, professional associations, universities, co-op student programs).
- Assist in providing recruitment training and coaching to hiring managers on recruitment and interview best practices.
- Coordinate and research university/college co-op programs and student internship programs, university job fairs, etc.
- In coordination with the marketing team, lead building recruitment brand awareness through social media platforms, Glassdoor, job fairs, etc., leveraging the company brand to promote culture and attract top talent.
- Provide talent analytics, tracking candidate pipelines, quality of hire, time to fill, etc.
- Plan and schedule the onboarding process for new employees, while staying up to date on current trends, making recommendations for improvement.
- Create and maintain employee files and data, both electronic and paper.
- Assist with the coordination of staff programs such as surveys, lunch & learns, health and wellness initiatives, birthdays, team outings, etc., collaborating with the Office Administrator, as well as event committees.
- Assist HR and Admin teams as required.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer
- Experience working with social media tools for recruitment
- Experience working with applicant tracking software (ATS)
Education and Experience:
- Diploma or Certificate in Human Resources Management
- 3+ years progressive HR experience
- 3+ years’ experience as a Recruiter or Talent Acquisition Specialist; experience within a high-tech company is preferred
- CPHR designation is an asset
- Member of a professional HR Association (CPHR BC, HR Tech) is beneficial
What We Offer
A great place to work where the CEO knows your name! Where there’s open communication to freely share your ideas and they are valued. You will be challenged to achieve, grow and develop. Throughout the year you will laugh often and enjoy many fun company activities!
- Feeling hungry or thirsty? Grab a free snack or drink from our staff kitchen! We regularly offer a variety to our teams! Foodies will enjoy the regular potlucks, picnics, and lunch & learns.
- Feeling energized or need an energy boost? We support and encourage a healthy lifestyle! Join our running club and try to beat the CEO in the Vancouver Sun Run, or sign up to play basketball with your coworkers.
- Feeling you need some fresh air and sun? For those outdoors people, there’s the occasional hike or canoeing day too!
Binary Stream offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Extended Health and Dental, 3 weeks’ vacation, RRSP matching program, and Tuition Assistance Program.
We value our employees and have created a flexible and friendly work environment where our employees can succeed and grow with the company! We are team-driven, collaborative, and accountable to one another.
Join Our Team
Qualified candidates are invited to send a copy of their cover letter and resume directly to our HR Team.
Note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.
All applicants must be eligible for employment in Canada.
As part of our hiring process, the successful new hire will be required to complete a Background Check (references, criminal, & education).
Apply For This Job:
Powered by Fitzii