Director of Sales
Your opportunity starts with us
Are you a leader driven to succeed in a fast-paced and agile environment? Do you have a collaborative & team oriented management style? Do you have a passion to continuously look for ways to improve? Then join an established and award-winning team at Binary Stream Software!
We are at a pivotal point of growth, and are seeking an experienced senior sales leader to help us scale new heights.
- 10+ years’ experience in technology or software channel sales
- Empowers & coaches a team of sales professionals
- Passionate about working collaboratively to produce results
- Strong focus on customers, service and solutions for customers success
- Process, tools, and data oriented
- Strategic & long-term mindset
- High level of adaptability & integrity
We are a gold-certified Independent Software Vendor for Microsoft, creating add-on solutions to enhance the accounting capabilities of Microsoft Dynamics ERP, which sell through a loyal channel of Value-Added Resellers. With Binary Stream solutions, organizations facing complex accounting challenges can achieve Tier 1 ERP capabilities without upgrading or adding additional accounting staff. We not only help make critical business processes scalable and easier to manage, but allow for hundreds of thousands of dollars in savings in the process. Our solutions have been a key element in the Microsoft Dynamics ERP ecosystem for decades.
We are a values-driven company, with teamwork and collaboration at its core. We believe that achieving world class results takes a world class team. Our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people.
Reporting to the President & CEO, the Director of Sales is an integral part of the leadership team. The Director of Sales will play an instrumental role in developing and executing corporate strategy, improving processes and data management, coaching sales team members and moving opportunities forward to achieve revenue and sales targets. The incumbent is responsible for leading solution sales activities, while spearheading growth into new markets worldwide. This role collaborates closely with the leadership team to design and execute initiatives related to scaling the business, maintaining healthy company culture, and fostering a workplace that supports learning & innovation.
The Director of Sales is accountable to maintain an effective sales team by providing thought leadership and direction, coaching for success, and initiating timely corrective actions to meet and exceed sales objectives.
- Oversee the development of the sales organization, appropriate for the company’s maturity/size
- Develop sales strategies for direct and partner channels that meet revenue and market growth objectives
- Manage reporting cycles, forecasts, pipeline and revenue expectations; implement/revise and develop new dashboards and metrics for analysis and predictability of the sales business
- Support global partners so that they play a larger part in driving revenue; develop programs that incentivize partners to develop more mutually successful relationships with the company
- Implementing and managing best practices and repeatable processes, using metrics to ensure individual and team accountability
- Own the data and process as part of the sales operations areas to drive efficiencies
- Establish strategic sales compensation and incentive plans that drive sales results
- Leverage the scalability initiatives to help the business continue to have a strong presence in North America and expand into newer markets in Europe
- Partnering with the Director of Development, provide input on market and customer needs to evolve the product roadmap
Leading and Managing
- Act as a role model for the company culture – ambitious, passionate, engaged, collaborative, and always demonstrating high integrity
- Leading by example, you will mentor, coach and manage a team of 4 sales reps, and 4 product specialists to develop and move opportunities forward achieving goals
- Working collaboratively with the Marketing Team to understand the needs of sales and partners, pro-actively generate materials, messaging and activities that increase the company’s reach
- Accurately reporting on market and customer activity, recommending strategies for sales growth, and anticipating potential obstacles to progress
- Please note, this position will work out of our Head Office located in Burnaby, BC.
- Required to travel for participation at trade shows, customer and conference meetings
- Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written
- Intermediate to advanced presentation skills with the ability to clearly communicate our value proposition
- Prior experience in developing and managing a high performing sales team is required
- Strong understanding of customers and partners in the channel sales environment
- Intermediate mathematical skills re: costing / estimating projects
- Ability to develop and run metrics-based forecasting and reporting
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of MS Office products including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience and knowledge in an ERP environment would be considered an advantage
Education & Experience
- At least 10 years selling enterprise software, and 5 years in a leadership sales position in organizations with annual sales of $10,000,000 or more
- University Degree in Commerce, or in a related business field
- An MBA would be considered an asset
- Experience leading relationships with key strategic partners crucial for long term business success, particularly within the Microsoft partner platform
- Proven track record selling software to mid-size customers, preferably to verticals that include healthcare, finance, and professional services
- A highly ethical individual who would not compromise the integrity of the company for the sake of a sale
What We Offer
A great place to work where the CEO knows your name! Where there’s open communication to freely share your ideas and they are valued. You will be challenged to achieve, grow and develop. Throughout the year you will laugh often and enjoy many fun company activities!
- Feeling hungry or thirsty? Grab a free snack from our staff kitchen! We regularly offer a variety to our teams. Foodies will enjoy the regular potlucks, picnics, and lunch & learns.
- Feeling energized or need an energy boost? We support and encourage a healthy lifestyle! Join our running club and try to beat the CEO in the Vancouver Sun Run, or sign up to play basketball or soccer with your coworkers.
- Feeling you need some fresh air and sun? For those outdoors people, there’s the occasional hike or canoeing day too!
Our Benefits & Compensation
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- Extended Health and Dental including Employee Assistance Program
- 4 Weeks’ Vacation
- RRSP Matching Program
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Stock Option
- Tuition Assistance Program
Why join us?
20 years of success! We are ranked as one of BC Business Magazine’s “Fastest Growing Software Companies” and one of the “Top 100 Tech Companies in BC” by Business in Vancouver. We are still growing due to worldwide demand for our Microsoft Dynamics 365 solutions. We build products, so this is a great opportunity to develop and grow your career long term with us. We provide a great place to work where everyone feels engaged and appreciated. Our success is defined by our collaborative culture because our teams value connecting and working together to create solutions.
Join Our Team
Qualified candidates are invited to send a cover letter and resume to our HR Team.
Note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.
Applicants under consideration will be required to undergo a Criminal Records Search and an Education Verification.
Apply For This Job:
Powered by Fitzii