Solar Installation Technician
Do you seek to “be the change” by playing an important part in something bigger than yourself? Are you optimistic, energetic and committed to doing your best work every day? Do you believe that sustainable energy is a necessary part of our future and are excited by the prospect of being part of a team dedicated to making that a reality? If so, we want to hear from you!
Southern Energy Management is a North & South Carolina leader in residential solar installations and we are looking to hire a new Solar Installation Technician. The job will consist of minimum, 40 hour work weeks. This job will be based out of our Raleigh, NC office with around 25% of time being spent out of town working remotely in both NC and SC. Candidates should expect to be out of town at least 1 week out of the month.
A solar installation technician will assist and participate in the physical installation of residential solar roof and ground mounted arrays. Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Carry modules up a ladder
- Setting up/installing racking system on roof
- Setting modules to racking
- Running conduit in attics and crawlspaces
- Pulling wire in conduit
- OSHA 10 certification (preferred before hire but required before starting)
- General construction knowledge and/or experience along with the ability to use hand tools (drills, saws, drivers).
- Ability to work at high heights with the use of a safety harness, outdoors, in attics and crawlspaces in extreme conditions.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions that NC has to offer
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds up and down a ladder
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- A four year degree in a relevant electrical/renewable energy field is preferred, but not required.
- Purchase a set of their own personal tools for work – list provided by SEM.
How to Apply:
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
Apply For This Job:
Powered by Fitzii