Sr. Environmental or Civil Engineer
You became an environmental or civil engineer because you care about the environment and enjoy tackling the tough, important challenges.
You’re looking for a firm with a purpose that engages you, exciting work, and a culture that energizes you.
We’re Floyd|Snider and we’ve been looking for you.
We’re an employee-owned environmental consulting firm offering strategy, science, and engineering solutions in the private and public sectors. Founded in 1996, Floyd|Snider has consistently been recognized as one of the premier firms in the Northwest and a top place to work. Our people love it here because we don’t do cookie-cutter work; we work collaboratively on a variety of diverse, complex, and fascinating projects.
Now we’re looking to add a new Sr. Environmental or Civil Engineer to our collaborative team accomplishing high-profile aquatic sediment remediation and habitat restoration projects throughout the Pacific Northwest. We’re looking for someone who exemplifies our commitment to technical excellence, environmental responsibility, and customer service.
That’s where you come in.:
As our new Sr. Environmental Engineer or Civil Engineer, you’ll be responsible for managing and overseeing project tasks to completion. These tasks will often be a key element of a larger remediation project. The list of tasks you’ll be involved in includes site evaluation, feasibility studies, regulatory negotiations, design drawings and specifications, implementation oversight, proposal preparation, and perspective client interviews. You’ll also participate in research and analysis on emerging issues, aid in the development of tools and practices for the firm, and mentor more junior engineers.
Working collaboratively with any one of our Project Managers, you’ll be assigned a task and will bring together the necessary resources and team to get it done. You’ll coordinate with internal staff and contractors to pull together their contributions and will communicate directly with clients and agency representatives to ensure success throughout the project.
Beyond your environmental knowledge and expertise, we’re looking for someone who is:
- Organized – you see the big picture and the details. You’re able to juggle competing priorities without dropping the ball.
- A leader – you’re at your best when you’re bringing the best out of others. You relish the opportunity to steward important tasks and mentor junior staff.
- An excellent communicator – you can interact with clients, project managers, consultants, agency representatives, contractors, and vendors across multiple projects. You can adjust your style to suit any audience and achieve clarity in every medium.
If this sounds like you and you’re eager to take on an exciting and diverse range of projects with a collaborative team, we can’t wait to meet you.
Working with Floyd|Snider:
This is a full-time, permanent position from Monday to Friday, 8am-5pm. There will be some overtime based on project needs but you’ll get that back in time off. There may also be some regional travel, and some fieldwork as needed to oversee projects. You won’t often go more than 3 hours away, and we’ll cover all expenses. Usually you’ll return home every night, but for longer trips, we’ll make sure to get you home for weekends.
We offer a competitive annual salary commensurate with experience, plus bonus structure, equity and ownership options, 401K, full benefits package, and life insurance. We care about the well-being of our employees and also have on-site fitness classes and massages. Your professional growth is a priority to us, so you’ll also have our support to further your development and career growth, and participate in conferences.
We’re a socially responsible business that considers all stakeholders – environment, planet, community, and supply chain. We’re serious about doing business better. These values led us to become a B Corporation. That’s why we are always finding ways to give back: and so can you with one week of paid volunteer time each year.
We’ve got a spectacular group, and if you enjoy teaming up with smart thoughtful people in a variety of fields solving real, complex, and important problems, then this is the place for you.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in civil, environmental, or geotechnical engineering
- Professional Engineering license in any state, with the ability to file for reciprocity for licensure in both Washington and Oregon
- 10 years of experience working as an environmental/civil engineer, in environmental consulting, environmental construction, or similar
- 5-10 years of experience in shoreline and sediment remediation projects
- Valid driver’s license, and willingness to complete regional travel and spend time in the field to oversee projects as needed
- Experience working within the Washington State environmental regulatory frameworks (an asset)
- Experience with construction oversight on environmental remediation projects (an asset)
- Experience working with regulatory agencies or clients (an asset)
How to Apply:
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits, and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.
Apply For This Job:
Powered by Fitzii