Distribution Centre Manager
We’re looking for a values-based individual to join our operations team in a newly-created role. Your mission is to manage the day-to-day operations of our Vancouver distribution centre. You know how to optimize processes, layout, scheduling and people to meet shipping targets. You are a leader motivating a team of 10+ through great culture and know how to optimize the flow of goods – both raw materials and finished goods – to keep everything running smoothly. The Distribution Centre Manager reports directly to the Director of Operations.
Outcomes/Critical Success Factors
- Manage distribution centre team to ensure 24hr order turnaround and meet monthly shipping targets
- Recruit, train and coach new team members
- Ensure workplace health and safety requirements, facilities cleanliness, and security of the work environment
- Liaise with managers to prioritize orders for the day/week
- Oversee the safe and accurate receipt, storage, picking/packing, periodic counting, and timely dispatch of goods
- Plan future capacity requirements and arrangement of goods within the distribution center and organize special requirements for certain stock, such as perishable goods, and fragile items
- Ensure distribution centre is within or below budget
- Maintain control logs to ensure site meets regulatory requirements
- Values-aligned – You are excited about a career that aligns with your personal values
- Efficient and Effective – You have a sense of urgency and manage your time well
- Organized – You can juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Positive attitude and team player – You are calm under pressure and care about team success
- Great communicator – You are a clear and effective leader who creates a positive working environment for your team
- Create a safe working environment – proven experience maintaining and developing processes to ensure team safety is your top priority
- Creative problem solver – you’ve demonstrated sound judgment in solving a range of distribution challenges ranging from day-to-day deadlines to optimizing order flow
- Computer savvy – Use your intermediate to advanced level Excel, Word and Outlook skills
- Analytical skills – Ability to make calculations such as discounts, freight estimates, dimensional weight, invoices, and percentages
- Physically fit for work – Able to meet physical requirements including: a variety of standing, sitting and walking throughout the day; repeated twisting at the torso while lifting and pulling inventory from shelves; regular lifting of up to 20 pounds and occasional lifting of 30-40 pounds, occasional climbing.
About TallGrass Natural Health
TallGrass Natural Health is the leading omnichannel partner taking care of everything natural brands need to grow sales in Canada. We partner with brands and connect them to Canadian retailers, health care professionals and ecommerce platforms to reach natural consumers. Our mission is to inspire and empower Canadian consumers to take a holistic approach to wellness. As a certified B Corp, TallGrass must continually meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Our current brand partner portfolio includes Botanica, MegaFood, Host Defense, Innate Response, Manuka Health, Gabriel, Zuzu and Naturtint.
Our Core Values
- Celebrate – We work hard, play hard and laugh hard.
- See the big picture – We see, understand and care about the whole process.
- Build community – We nurture our relationships and ourselves.
- Follow through – We honour the trust people place in us.
- Show gratitude – We respect and appreciate everyone's contribution.
- Do good – We care about the health of all people and our planet.
Apply For This Job:
Powered by Fitzii