Administration & Marketing Assistant
Toronto-based consulting firm bhasin consulting inc. (bci) is looking for a highly organized, dedicated and creative individual to fill the position of Administration & Marketing Assistant. This exciting role will appeal to a self-motivated, highly organized and detail-oriented individual who thrives in a flexible and fast-paced environment.
Features of the Position:
- The Administration & Marketing Assistant will report directly to the Director of Operations and the Digital Marketing & Communications Manager
- This position will directly support the President of an inclusion consulting firm
- High level of interaction with clients from a range of sectors, including law, banking, media, education, non-profits and government
- Exposure to a broad range of marketing, and communications tasks, including social media, events, online learning and email marketing
- Employee hours — full-time hours during regular work hours (up to 44 hours per week)
- Working remotely for now given COVID-19, but will work in-person (downtown Toronto) once re-entry to the workplace takes place
- Compensation — competitive with market (salary and possibility of incentive/performance bonus)
- Technology —You’ll need access to a smartphone and WIFI at home
Responsibilities of the Role:
1. Executive Assistant Function
- Managing and owning all administrative tasks, including:
- Providing all administrative support to the President – anticipating her needs whenever possible and some administrative support to the DOO
- Coordinating all calls/meetings/engagements, including:
- Maintaining the accuracy of the President’s calendar at all times
- Sending meeting reminders
- Meeting prep (obtaining necessary documents, compiling and circulating agendas)
- Travel planning including confirming bookings, creating travel packages, etc.
- Personal support to the President including scheduling and confirming personal appointments, making purchases and other tasks as assigned
2. Marketing and Communications Function
- Digital marketing — publishing a range of original content including videos, blog posts, website content, digital products, social media posts, e-newsletters and other digital products
- Website management — assisting with website maintenance across the two websites: bhasinconsulting.com and ritubhasin.com
- Events — assisting with project management and delivery of in-person and virtual events including scheduling, managing client communications, registration/ticket sales, etc.
- Book management — serving as point of contact for client orders, managing book inventory and tracking book sales
- Additional tasks as needed including: document creation and upkeep, vendor outreach, research, and photography
3. Client Management
- Providing high level client support, including in the following areas:
- Scheduling client emails and calls
- Managing client inquiries
- Attending client meetings and sessions as required
- Email/voicemail management – ensuring 24-hour maximum turnaround time for responding to inquiries
4. Office Administration
- Maintaining updated recordkeeping for upcoming sessions, client materials, etc.
- Planning for and participating in team strategy meetings
- Expenses management
- Mail and courier management
- Company property management
- All other projects and tasks as required
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Post-secondary education and 1-2 years of work experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills including writing, editing and proofreading
- An extremely organized approach to work, including exceptional attention to detail
- Flexible, adaptable, resourceful, and deadline driven, with an ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Applied knowledge of traditional and digital marketing including website management, social media management, PR, events, etc.
- A strong interest in issues around self-empowerment and self-development, racism, sexism, and other forms of marginalization
- Experience in a client service or stakeholder/people management role is an asset
- Experience with managing a calendar and/or supporting a high-level executive would be an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Self-motivated team player with a positive, can-do attitude and creative problem-solving abilities
- Flexible to change, new challenges and demands in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent proficiency with Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Word)
- Familiarity with database management (Salesforce preferred)
- Experience using social media scheduling tools (e.g. Hootsuite, Later), website content management systems (SquareSpace and Wordpress preferred) and email marketing software (e.g. Mailchimp, Constant Contact)
- Please submit a resume and cover letter
- Please note: all candidates who are selected to move forward in the application process will be asked to complete candidacy assessment assignments throughout the process
Please note: If you feel like you are a good match for this position but do not meet all of the above criteria, you are still encouraged to apply. A combination of skills and experience will be considered.
bhasin consulting inc. encourages applications from People of Colour, Indigenous peoples, people from LGBTQ communities, persons with disabilities and individuals from other diverse communities.
You are applying for:
Administration & Marketing Assistant
bhasin consulting inc.