Rexel Canada Electrical Inc. is a world leader within the electrical distribution market. We operate in 38 countries, conduct business through a network of 2,300 branches and rely on the support of 30,000 employees internationally to provide electrical solutions and equipment within the industrial, residential, and commercial sectors. Throughout the world, Rexel is accelerating electrical advances in close collaboration with its customers and partners.
Working closely with the Human Resources Managers, you will be responsible for recruitment activities across the country.
- Confer with hiring managers to identify personnel needs, job specifications, job duties, qualifications, and skills.
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups, employers and other sources to find qualified passive candidates. Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Utilize every possible avenue to recruit, i.e. company website, social networks, newspapers, professional organizations, etc.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position to effectively fill open positions.
- Accept, review, and enter all applications received (resumes, voice-mail, referrals) into a comprehensive database and pre-screen qualified candidates subject to the Job Description and minimum hiring criteria (English and/or French language clarity, work history, education, training, job skills and salary etc...).
- Contact applicants to inform them of the status of their employment possibilities, consideration, and selection.
- Schedule and conduct competency-based interviews for applicants and referring candidates for additional interviews with others within the organization where required by Management.
- Conduct reference checks for selected candidates as required.
- Project yearly recruitment expenditures for budgetary consideration and control.
- Maintain current knowledge of Pay Equity, human rights and employment standards guidelines and laws.
- 2 - 5 years of recruitment experience
- Bilingual in English and French (a must)
- Diploma/Degree in Human Resources or other appropriate field preferred.
- Innovative thinker, able to use and develop new sources for recruitment.
- Able to work in a result-focused environment.
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills.
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively with different managers, candidate personalities, etc.
- Excellent in all MS Office (focus on Excel and PP)
- Ability to work under pressure to meet departmental targets.
If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in Fitzii.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please visit www.rexel.ca for other career opportunities.
You are applying for:
Rexel Canada Electrical Inc.