Mechanical Systems Designer
You became a Designer because you love figuring things out, solving problems, and creating innovative and masterful designs.
You’re looking to put your solid technical skill into action, using your eye for detail, creativity, and expert knowledge to turn ideas into manufactured solutions.
We’re EMS-Tech: a successful and growing engineering firm that specializes in designs for bulk material handling. For over 30 years, we’ve been lending our expertise to projects great and small, leaving a trail of very happy clients in our wake.
If you have technical design experience, along with a drive to learn and grow with a well-established design/build company, then you may be our next Designer.
As our new Designer, you’ll design and customize a variety of technical drawings for the large material handling equipment that we build. Using your knowledge of CAD 2-D and 3-D, you’ll draft, adjust, and submit drawings for manufacture, working on 2-3 projects simultaneously.
Your experience designing large material handling equipment, along with your strong background in structural steel and mechanical design, will be essential as you provide expert design solutions. No two designs will be quite the same, so you’ll need to be flexible and creative. During production, you’ll consult with the rest of the design team, engineers and production staff to make sure everything is going smoothly.
When you’re not in the office producing drawings, you’ll conduct visits to the work site to advise on the accurate interpretation of EMS-Tech drawings and ensure the equipment is built to specifications and in logical sequence.
The best in this role will do more than produce working designs: they will take pride in their work and be interested in the business as a whole. If you’ve got the knowhow to make substantial contributions, and the drive to see projects through, then this is the role for you.
Beyond your experience in mechanical design, we’ll be looking for someone who is:
- Independent – you don’t need someone looking over your shoulder. You’re always results-oriented, and keep tabs on different projects with ease.
- Cooperative – while you excel on your own, that doesn’t stop you from being a team player that communicates openly and effectively across teams. You treat everyone with respect because you’re invested in maintaining strong work relationships.
- Customer focused – you know that eventually everything leads back to the customer: whether you’re working on a design, or talking to clientele, you understand that customer satisfaction is always the real goal.
You’ll find satisfaction as your detailed designs become functional systems that meet our expectations. Your work here will be valued, and you’ll be an integral part of our team. We can’t wait to meet you!
Working with EMS-Tech
This is a full-time, permanent position with occasional overtime during busy periods. In addition to an attractive starting salary, between $65,000 and $80,000 per year commensurate with experience, you’ll receive a standard benefits package plus pension. You’ll also have the ability to travel when needed internationally.
Our office which is located in Belleville, is a wonderful, vibrant place to live and work. Whether through our connections with Loyalist College or in events such as Ride for Autism, we believe in meaningful connections with our community.
- 8-10+ years of experience in a similar role within other engineering consultants, large industrial construction companies and/or engineering design build companies
- Experience with all common design/CAD tools, specifically AutoCAD & SolidWorks
- Experience designing large material handling equipment
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid passport to travel internationally
- Advanced experience using 2D and 3D CAD
- Completion of high school diploma
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for:
Mechanical Systems Designer
Lassing Dibben Consulting Engineers Ltd.