For over 100 years, Nedco has been a cornerstone in the electrical industry. With branches across Canada, Nedco is pleased to offer one-stop shopping for a wide range of quality products such as communications, wire and cable, distribution, lighting, data, home integration, and security.
At Nedco, we believe that our people make the difference. We strongly support training and development opportunities for our employees. Our employees enjoy a stable work environment, competitive compensation, and benefits along with opportunities for growth and promotion.
The Area Sales Manager is in direct contact with all Nedco personnel within the assigned area/territory including the Branch Managers, Sales Representatives, and customers and suppliers. This position is responsible for defining, together with the Regional Retail Director and General / Store Managers, action plans that ensure the delivery of strong KPIs. He / She is responsible for the development of budgetary goals and ensuring once adopted, that they are closely monitored and achieved.
- Proposes annual sales and operating budget for the territory and once accepted by senior management, ensures it is communicated down to branch levels.
- Drives and maximizes area sales performance to achieve overall sales budget objectives while ensuring operational integrity and profitability by creating a motivating climate for branch managers.
- Maintains an active coaching presence, provides sales direction and leadership to Outside Sales Representatives and Branch Managers and increases the team's effectiveness by communicating values, strategies, and objectives.
- Meet with key customers to discuss market trends, future business, resolve concerns and increase customer awareness while supporting the sales and marketing plans within the customer base.
- Provide effective management through strong leadership and direction to direct and indirect reports.
- Ensures the delivery of exceptional customer service across all assigned branches and ensure staff receives the required levels of training by identifying skills necessary to carry out assigned responsibilities.
- Ensures operational efficiency and excellence through effective coordination of operational resources within the area and in concert with Divisional Operations Manager. Meets corporate objectives and expectations for quality, health and safety, and asset control initiatives.
- Utilize and coordinate the services of other departments for the effective growth of the assigned area while ensuring risk is minimized and managed.
Skills / Qualifications:
- University degree plus a minimum of ten (10) years related experience in the industry, including at least five (5) years in a senior management capacity, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong business acumen to analyze financial reports and to develop appropriate implementation strategies with the ability to deliver results.
- Demonstrated experience in providing sales leadership and developing sales strategies.
- Highly motivated individual & a strategic thinker with the ability to build long term relationships.
- Strong time management, organizational and planning skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and works well under pressure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in developing talent, leading, mentoring, and coaching staff. Must be able to make difficult decisions.
If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in Fitzii.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Nedco is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to the Canadian marketplace.
Please visit www.nedco.ca for other career opportunities.
You are applying for:
Lower Mainland, BC