At TallGrass Natural Health, our philosophy is to bring the highest quality natural health and well-being products to progressive retailers and consumers in a manner that upholds values of environmental and social responsibility. Building on strong partnerships with retailers and suppliers, we are committed to providing excellent customer service, expert logistics, and extensive education at both the retailer and consumer level. As a certified B-Corp, TallGrass must continually meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Our commitment to brand building is about more than just products- we want to improve the health and wellbeing of our customers, our partners, our staff, and the planet. Some of the brands in our current portfolio: Botanica Health, AnneMarie Borlind, MegaFood, Host Defense, Innate Response, Manuka Health, Gabriel, Zuzu and Naturtint.
Our Core Values
Celebrate – We work hard, play hard and laugh hard.
See the big picture – We see, understand and care about the whole process.
Build community – We nurture our relationships and ourselves.
Follow through – We honour the trust people place in us.
Show gratitude – We respect and appreciate everyone's contribution.
Do good – We care about the health of all people and our planet.
The Purchaser ensures effective and efficient flow of goods across a complex and growing supply chain. They monitor sales and inventory data to plan purchases, which allows TallGrass to efficiently produce and offer quality natural health and wellbeing products to consumers. It’s all about ensuring that the right products & materials are at the right place, at the right time and the right price. The Purchaser reports to the Supply Chain Manager.
Outcomes/Critical Success Factors
- Develop relationships with existing suppliers, maintaining clear communication and working to resolve issues quickly
- Accurately and efficiently monitor inventory and sales data to maintain control of the flow of goods, reducing stock-outs and production delays
- Dispatch freight promptly, and ensure customs paperwork is in order
- Maintain inventory budgets for brands and products, to maximize cash flow and reduce obsolescence
- Work with team to effectively prioritize purchasing, production, receiving and logistics activities
- Update reports to aid in data management and analysis
- Provide clear communication of delays, opportunities, or other issues
- Values aligned with TallGrass and our stakeholders
- Passion for the natural health industry
- Self-motivated, ambitious, high achiever
- Proactive problem solving, focused on resolution and process improvement
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Quick with the numbers (dates, dollars, inventory, averages, totals, timelines)
- Clear communicator (written/verbal)
- Strong computer application skills, including Microsoft Excel & Outlook
- Experience with business information systems is an asset, including SAP Business One
- Process oriented, balanced by creativity/innovation
- Know when to make no mistakes (follow instruction, take notes, ask questions).
- Know when to take risks (discover new things, try new processes, improve, start over)
- Ability to adapt quickly to change, while staying focused on key priorities and strategies.
- Certificate or diploma in Operations Management, Purchasing, Business Management Information Systems, or other relevant field is an asset
Great Work Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Wellness program and health benefits
- Staff product allowance and discount
- Education assistance
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Profit sharing and savings plan
- Monthly team socials
- Dog-friendly office
You are applying for:
TallGrass Natural Health