Rexel Canada Electrical Inc. is a world leader within the electrical distribution market. We operate in 38 countries, conduct business through a network of 2,300 branches and rely on the support of 30,000 employees internationally to provide electrical solutions and equipment within the industrial, residential, and commercial sectors. Throughout the world, Rexel is accelerating electrical advances in close collaboration with its customers and partners.
The Procurement Supervisor is responsible for effectively directing the activities of the purchasing department towards maximizing cost advantages, forecasting trends and practices according to the conditions in the market and industry while meeting corporate goals and objectives. He/she is also responsible for the timely coordination of products according to anticipated demands and buying trends. The Procurement Supervisor reports to the Procurement and Inventory Manager.
- Guide and direct buyers by providing training on new systems, processes and procedures as required.
- Adjust buying standards according to demand and suitability of the products. Distinguish product group according to residential, industrial, commercial and utilities. Purchase products according to demand in a particular industry.
- Develop strategy and plan to meet corporate objectives pertaining to bottom-line savings (negotiating) and inventory.
- Analyze and communicate supplier performance with suppliers. Develop plans to streamline and improve the processes and results.
- Coordinate purchasing activities with vendors and branches. Offer guidance and direction to product managers and buyers on purchasing practices.
- Resolve conflicts and problems with purchasing projects and distribute planned projects accordingly.
- Provide direction, coaching and leadership to direct reports.
- Maintain and review the ongoing performance of all direct reports and identify areas for improvement.
- Promote a positive work climate. Act as a first escalation point to address concerns that can be resolved at the departmental level.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a purchasing or buying supervisory role.
- In the process of achieving PMAC designation.
- Computer literacy, proficient with all Microsoft Office programs, experience with AS400 is an asset.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication at all levels (written and verbal) and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and execute tight timelines.
- Good organizational and time management skills are important.
- Attention to detail is critical.
Rexel Canada Electrical Inc. is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to the Canadian marketplace. We encourage everyone to apply.
If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in Fitzii.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please visit www.rexel.ca for other career opportunities.
You are applying for: