Technical Outside Sales
You’re an experienced and passionate sales professional known for your incredible people skills, driven and fearless attitude, and technical aptitude.
With your unique blend of skills, it’s no surprise that you have a proven track-record of industrial sales success. Now, you’re ready for the next chapter of your sales career, and are in search of a challenging and highly engaging outside sales opportunity.
Who are we?
We supply compressed air, breathable air systems, abrasive blasting and specialized mechanical solutions in commercial and industrial settings across North America. Our innovative solutions are found across a wide range of sectors.
Over the last 37 years, we’ve developed a reputation for being the very best at what we do. That’s because we empower our sales team with excellent training opportunities, and the support of a highly-engaged and committed team.
We’re now in search of an experienced Outside Sales Representative to join our growing team.
What You’ll Be Doing
As an outside sales representative, you’ll spend most of your time working with customers to promote and advance our product sales. You’ll support a mix of new business and existing clients. You’ll seek out and follow up on leads, meet with clients to investigate their needs, and then determine competitive and innovative solutions to meet their requirements using our suppliers’ products.
Core tasks include:
- Working with our inside sales team to position face to face meetings
- Pursue opportunities to position our products and services
- Develop and maintain relationships with all customers and suppliers
- Participate in training sessions to gain an in-depth understanding our solutions
- Work collaboratively for the continuous improvement of our sales strategy
- Work with sales coordination and administration teams to prepare proposals/quotes, and to process customer orders
- Using our CRM to manage the sales process from start to finish
You come with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, which will allow you to excel in this role. You’re a natural relationship builder, able to connect with customers and make them feel heard, while helping them understand how AIRPLUS can support their needs.
What Makes You a Great Candidate
You’re the ideal candidate for this role because you have industrial sales experience, combined with a technical educational background (e.g. in engineering).
Here are our must-haves:
- Experience in an industrial sales role (outside or inside sales)
- Strong technical writing skills, with experience preparing technical sales quotations/proposals
- Postsecondary diploma or degree mechanical engineering, or similar technical field
- Valid BC driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Valid passport with the ability to travel across Canada and the US
And here’s what would be a plus:
- Background in compressed air sales/support, mechanical equipment installation, and/or equipment sales
- Specific industry or vertical knowledge (ie: mining, rail, aerospace) or customer segments (engineers, contractors, end-users, etc.)
- A willingness to continue to learn
Working @ AIRPLUS Systems
This is a full-time job but a lot of the scheduling will be driven by you. We are a progressive, modern, young company looking for another team player who is interested in being part of an industrial growth-oriented team.
You’ll receive a complete compensation package, including a starting salary between $60,000 and $75,000 per year, along with realistic opportunity to exceed 50% of your base in commission. You’ll also receive full benefits, and all travel expenses reimbursed.
You’ll be joining a close-knit, family-run environment where everyone works together, helps each other out, and pulls together to ensure success. Here, you won’t be micromanaged: you’ll have the freedom to succeed in your position as you think best.
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for:
Technical Outside Sales
AIRPLUS Systems Ltd.
We value diversity & inclusion and will gladly answer questions or make accommodations in our hiring process.Request hiring accommodation