Member Program Coordinator
You’re in search of a unique opportunity in which you can combine your passion for sustainability with your excellent client service and communications skills.
You want a role in which you can use your outgoing, engaging, and friendly personality to make a difference for thousands of business across Canada while helping advance environmental sustainability.
If you this sounds like you, then look no further. We have your next opportunity.
Who are we?
We are the Hotel Association of Canada (HAC), the exclusive national organization representing corporate hotel companies, ownership groups, provincial hotel associations, city hotel associations, and independent hotels. The HAC represents more than 8200 hotels, motels and resorts, which employ 306,000 people across Canada.
The HAC manages and delivers the Green Key Global program. This important member program offers hotels and lodging facilities the ability to track their environmental practices with an affordable, easy-to-use tool that produces an eco-rating for each property. The rating allows hotels and event spaces to understand their environmental footprint and identify ways to become more sustainable.
It’s crucial to the ongoing success of our organization that we continue to provide the highest level of service to our valued Green Key Global program members.
That’s where you come in.
About the Position:
As our new Member Program Coordinator, your primary goals are to provide front-line support to our 1500+ Green Key Global program members, and to proactively engage with members at all stages of the membership cycle.
Practically speaking, you will:
- Act as the primary liaison to new members, assisting them in onboarding into the program
- Engage with members to provide ongoing education and information about the program’s benefits, our available tools and resources, and our policies and procedures
- Provide potential and existing members with assistance in completing their Green Key Global program assessments
- Respond to inquiries from members via phone and email
- Process member registration and renewal payments, and proactively engage with members up for membership renewal to encourage and increase retention
- Follow up on outstanding member accounts and assist in reconciliation
- Liaise regularly with members to ensure our internal member database is accurate and up to date
The best person for this role is someone who excels in an environment that encourages them to work proactively and independently. They are skilled at dealing with multiple internal and external stakeholders, are a confident and professional communicator, and offer a strong client-service background combined with a true passion for working with people. They will be excited to engage with our members daily and support them in working towards increased environmental sustainability.
If this sounds like your idea of meaningful work, we can’t wait to meet you.
Working with The Hotel Association of Canada
Working here, you will be part of a team whose vision is to be the leading voice of the Canadian Hotel & Lodging industry. We offer a highly professional and dynamic work environment, with a collaborative team who truly enjoy working together. Our team is highly focused and driven by our mission.
This is a full-time, one-year contract role, with a strong possibility of extension. We offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience. You’ll work Monday to Friday, during regular business hours (8 am – 5 pm) out of our downtown Ottawa office.
Here’s what we are looking for:
- Experience providing front-line support to clients, guests, and/or members (i.e. in a member-based organization, association, or hotel/hospitality environment)
- Experience working with a CRM (i.e. Salesforce or similar) or membership database
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook), social media tools, and various web meeting/presentation software
- University degree or college diploma in communications, marketing, public relations, business administration, hospitality/tourism, or related field
And here’s what would be a plus:
- Background in communications, public relations, or in a membership-based organization or association
- Experience working in the hospitality industry
- Experience working in or with the sustainability industry would be a strong asset
- Bilingual (English/French) is strongly preferred
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for:
Member Program Coordinator
Hotel Association of Canada