Administrative Assistant, Sales and Marketing
Please Note: We are only taking applications via Fitzii and will be in touch should we choose to move forward with your application. At this time, we are requesting no phone calls to our offices. Thank you!
Do you enjoy diverse, fast-paced work? Are you looking for a role that involves communicating, writing and creativity as well as more normal admin functions?
If so, we’ve got an opportunity for you.
We’re EMS-Tech: a successful and expanding engineering firm that specializes in designs for bulk material handling. For over 30 years, we’ve been lending our expertise to projects great and small, leaving a trail of very happy clients in our wake.
Now we’re adding a new member to our team: someone who excels in performing and organizing tasks, even when things get hectic.
That’s where you come in
As our new Administrative Assistant you’ll engage in a variety of tasks that support the operations of our Sales and Marketing Department. Generally, these can be divided into three categories: administration, executive assistance, and content production/ management.
The work of our senior team is impossible without consistent, reliable administration. Whether duties entail preparing materials for meetings or coordinating information and decisions between departments, your work will be the glue that keeps Sales and Marketing together. You stay on top of to-do lists, and excel in gauging time and resources effectively when time is short.
In terms of content, you’ll be taking ownership of some public facing materials including brochures, pamphlets and social media. You have strong fundamental communication, writing abilities and can apply them in a variety of professional contexts.
Between speaking with clients and coordinating between executive efforts, it’s critical that you develop and maintain a good sense of our team and their projects. The best in this role will do more than take accurate minutes and write good tweets: they’ll be a hub of knowledge and activity for the senior team. You’ll know what the main pressure points are on current work and find ways to alleviate them.
Here are some of the things you’ll be working on:
- Perform standard admin duties such as copying/filing documents, receiving and directing calls, and taking minutes
- Develop and maintain efficient filing procedures in coordination with management
- Manage senior team member schedules for Sales and Marketing, and collaborate with our coordinator to book travel plans
- Be a consistent resource for executives in various departments and assist coordination of information, decisions and materials
- Draft correspondence and materials for meetings, brochures and trade shows
- Assist in the production and review of quarterly reports
- Manage social media posts and updates on multiple platforms
- Monitor and order/replenish office supplies as necessary
- Maintain/update company website and patent information
Working with EMS-Tech
This is a full-time, permanent position, with hours from Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm. In addition to a starting salary, between $55,000 and $65,000 per year depending on your experience, you’ll receive a standard benefits package plus pension.
Our office is located in Belleville, a wonderful, vibrant place within which to live and work. Whether through our connections with Loyalist College or in events such as Ride for Autism, we believe in meaningful connections with our community.
- College diploma in administration
- 5+ years’ experience in an executive support role in a professional field (law, engineering, accounting, etc.)
- Experience in a client-facing role
- Strong oral, writing ability and experience composing/managing social media channels
- Proficiency with MS Office (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and experience drafting presentations for professional audiences
- Flexibility for local, overnight travel would be an asset
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and we encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups.
If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for:
Administrative Assistant, Sales and Marketing