Please Note: We are only taking applications via Fitzii and will be in touch should we choose to move forward with your application. At this time, we are requesting no phone calls to our offices. Thank you!
Do you thrive in detail driven environments, enabling key business decisions and transactions? Are you looking to join a company where you’ll have the opportunity to grow with the business?
If so, we’ve got an opportunity for you.
We’re EMS-Tech: a successful and expanding engineering firm that specializes in designs for bulk material handling. For over 30 years, we’ve been lending our expertise to projects great and small, leaving a trail of very happy clients in our wake.
Now we’re adding a new member to our team: someone with a strong attention to detail and an appetite for accuracy.
That’s where you come in
As our new Logistics Coordinator, you’ll work closely with our project managers to coordinate both communications and shipments between our facilities, our vendors and our clients.
Most of your time will be spent on the everyday business of shipping; coordinating with project management on schedules, filling out shipping documents, and ensuring compliance with relevant regulations, policies and procedures. You excel in applying knowledge systematically, ensuring that all important details are accounted for.
When you’re not engaged in clerical tasks, you’ll be communicating with clients and team members. Whether that involves advising decision makers on shipping strategies and options, or talking to clients about shipment schedules and procedures, you’re a precise communicator who leaves nothing open to interpretation.
Here are some of the things you’ll be working on:
- Maintain awareness of shipping schedules and requirements in collaboration with PM
- Monitor, order and replenish shipping supplies
- Leverage a strong knowledge of international commercial terms (Incoterms) to advise both clients and project management on shipping options and expected outcomes
- Determine and apply HS/tariff codes on international shipments
- Determine insurance options and obtain/document insurance
- Draft/edit commercial invoices, packing lists, bills of lading, etc.
- Complete and submit accurate declarations
- Review shipping documents for accuracy and follow-up with customer concerns
- Exercise strong knowledge and judgment when determining shipping regulations for various countries and/or types of cargo
- Maintain accurate shipping logs for future comparisons and budgeting
Working with EMS-Tech
This is a full-time, permanent position, with hours from Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm. In addition to a starting salary, between $45,000 and $55,000 per year depending on your experience, you’ll receive a standard benefits package plus pension.
Our office is located in Belleville, a wonderful, vibrant place to live and work. Whether through our connections with Loyalist College or in events such as Ride for Autism, we believe in meaningful connections with our community.
- College diploma, preferably in business, finance or a related field
- 2+ years’ experience in project coordination, project management, or a similar role with exposure to international shipping/coordination
- Familiarity with customs, tariffs and standard international shipping policies/procedures
- Experience with invoices, bills of lading, and other relevant documents
- Familiarity with PM principles and best practices
- Proficiency with MS Office (especially Word, Excel,)
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed
You are applying for: