Regional Sales Manager
For 100 years, Nedco has been a cornerstone in the electrical industry. With 20 branches across Western Canada, Nedco West is pleased to offer one-stop shopping for a wide range of quality products such as communications, wire and cable, distribution, lighting, data, home integration and security.
Nedco, a leader in the electrical industry, is a company committed to high quality and customer service. The strength of that commitment by our people is reflected through Nedco's track record of professionalism and customer satisfaction. Nedco's commitment to value and on-going training and development enables our teams to provide quality solutions to our customers and empowers us to exceed their expectations, day after day. Nedco is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to the Canadian marketplace.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Regional Sales Manager based in Richmond is in direct contact with all Nedco personnel within the region, including the Branch Managers, Sales Representatives, customers and suppliers. She/he is responsible for the BC sales representatives.
- Lead outside sales representatives to meet or exceed their quarterly and annual sales and margin targets.
- Develop and implement monthly and quarterly sales strategies & action plans focused on profitability growing business with existing and new customers aligned to the division’s strategic objectives and value proposition.
- Collaborate with marketing, category management and business leadership on targeted marketing campaigns and sales activities that support sales strategies and action plans.
- Provide accurate and timely forecasts and reports on the performance of deployed sales strategies and action plans.
- Working with the outside sales rep, create and execute individual account management plans to achieve targets.
- Create and execute supplier plans that will increase strategic supplier product sales though account targeting and joint activities.
- Working with marketing, category management and business leadership, identify opportunities to maintain a robust sales pipeline in order to achieve quarterly and annual sales and margin targets.
- Develop, coach, motivate and supervise the sales team to perform at a high level using sales processes and playbooks.
- Ensure proper usage of the CRM tool to track pipeline activities, customer information and to assist reps in the deployment of sales strategies.
- Conduct weekly individual one on one meeting with reps. Participate in ride-a-longs with reps to observe performance and develop a training plan to assist in areas of opportunity. Conduct regular sales team meetings.
- Routinely review sales processes and practices to ensure continuous improvement. Discuss ideas/suggestions/concerns with the sales team. Identify and share sales best practices with the team.
- Develop and maintain excellent customer and supplier relationships.
- Consult regularly with other internal departments (marketing, operations, category management, and credit) to ensure the organization maintains a high level of customer service. Routinely gather customer feedback on our performance.
- Working with the HR department, develop, implement and conduct consistent on-boarding and training programs for the sales representatives.
- Direct involvement in the management of large customer accounts.
- Play a central role in representing the company at various industry, suppliers and customer events.
- Drive sales team engagement and accountability.
- University degree or College diploma.
- 7+ years of sales experience.
- 3+ years of direct sales management experience.
- Experience/exposure in e-commerce/digital strategy.
- Knowledge of the commercial, institutional and residential construction wholesale sector.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM.
- Strong computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint.)
- Ability to adapt to changes in external and internal environment. Can work within constraints finding innovative solutions to business problems.
- Ability to lead, mentor and coach staff. Must be able to make difficult people decisions.
- Sales experience within the electrical industry is an asset.
Employee Value Proposition
Joining Nedco means choosing a company that listens to its employees. Nedco accelerates progress, all the while respecting its people, their culture and diversity.
As a Nedco employee, you will have the opportunity to:
- Think ahead
- Work with a great team
- Make a personal impact
- Learn from the best
- Earn the career you want
We can offer people a remarkable range of career opportunities – whether that’s moving up in a particular area of expertise, or switching to something completely new. If you’re motivated, we’ll help you find the career path that suits you.
Nedco provides a stable and safe work environment along with a competitive salary with excellent benefits and pension packages.
Nedco is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to the Canadian marketplace.
If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in Fitzii.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please visit www.nedco.ca for other career opportunities.
You are applying for:
Regional Sales Manager