Warehouse Wire and Cable Specialist
Rexel is a world leader within the electrical distribution market. We operate in 38 countries, conduct business through a network of 2,300 branches and rely on the support of 30,000 employees internationally to provide electrical solutions and equipment within the industrial, residential, and commercial sectors. Throughout the world, Rexel is accelerating electrical advances in close collaboration with its customers and partners.
We are currently looking for a self-motivated individual to become an integral part of our team at our Kingston distribution center.
The successful candidate is responsible for ensuring wire and cable product is stored, selected and cut in a safe manner following company guidelines. The position reports under the Wire Department Lead in warehouse operations. The position is accountable for ensuring that all wire and cable product is bin located accurately in the computer system, is selected correctly and is cut to the lengths specified by our customers. The successful candidate is also responsible to ensure warehouse procedures are maintained and that commitments to our customers are achieved on a daily basis.
- Process cable orders and cut cable as per order requirements.
- Prioritize cutting orders based on instructions indicated on picking tickets and understand how the order is processed from the time the product is received to the time it is shipped.
- Tends machines that measure lengths of cable to requirements including reeling and coiling.
- Places reel of the specified cable onto the payout spindle of machine and threads wire through to take-up spindle and then re-spool cable to required length.
- Adjusts machine controls to regulate the accuracy of cable cutting to the required length.
- Starts the machine and observes operation to detect machine malfunction.
- Examines cable for conformance to specifications and removes defective pieces.
- Observes automatic counter, meter marks or counts finished pieces and records data on tags.
- Monitoring and tracking inventory as per company procedures.
- Follow the correct cutting procedures, complete required paperwork and verify that orders match requirements.
- Rewind and transfer cables from larger reels to smaller ones to maintain stock.
- Regularly inspect and maintain cutting machines and tools to improve safety.
- Sweep and maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Performing other related duties and safety checks as required.
- Adhering to standards/processes in warehouse operations.
- Warehouse, production or general labour related experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- First Aid, WHMIS or Forklift Certification preferred.
- Basic to intermediate computer skills and experience with MS Office would be preferred.
- Meet customer order deadlines.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations required to accurately complete assigned tasks.
- Write and read routine reports or job orders.
- Interpret a variety of instructions whether written, oral, or schedule form.
- Organize and prioritize job projects and requirements.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a repetitive basis.
- Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation are required.
- Overtime may be required from time to time, depending on operational requirements.
If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in Fitzii.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please visit www.rexel.ca for other career opportunities.
You are applying for:
Warehouse Wire and Cable Specialist