Senior Financial Analyst
Rexel Canada Electrical Inc. is a subsidiary of REXEL SA, a global leader in the distribution of electrical products. Rexel Canada has 200 branches and 2,200 employees throughout Canada operating under three banners, Rexel, Nedco, and Westburne with sales exceeding $1 billion. Rexel Canada is the largest distributor of electrical products, in Canada, which includes electrical products and services to customers in the commercial, industrial, maintenance and residential sectors.
About The Role
Reporting to the Director of Finance – Head Office based in Mississauga, the Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for Head Office Accounting and Corporate Governance. The position is a key role in the Corporate Finance team and is accountable for internal/external activities of head office record keeping.
What You Will Do
- You will prepare annual consolidated financial statements, along with information for annual reports and regulatory agency disclosures
- You will give assurance that all records and accounts are maintained and kept current; monitor the classification and recording of all accounting transactions
- You will participate in the scoping and implementation of new accounting pronouncements
- You will identify divisions’ best practices and potential areas of opportunities to achieve national standardization of accounting processes and policies across the 3 banners, 8 divisions and 3 distribution centers
- You will interact with other Finance and Senior Managers in Head Office and divisions
- You will prepare head office G&A budget and forecast along with reviewing monthly spend to assess risks and/or opportunities
- You will prepare ad hoc financial analysis and/or special projects as assigned by the Director
- You will collect and analyze data, key trends and metrics to better understand business drivers and financial results
- You will assist with the preparation of pension plan financial statements
Who Are You
- You have a university degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance
- You have an accounting designation (CGA, CMA or CA) preferred or working towards the CPA designation
- You have a minimum of 2 years of experience in core accounting
- You have experience with Cognos TM1 and Business Intelligence (BI) is an asset
- You have strong analytical skills
- You have the ability to adapt to change and see opportunities to make change
- You enjoy a fast-paced environment
How You Will Thrive
- You are expected to act independently to deliver and manage requirements to schedule, budget and scope; and is self-driven and motivated
- You must be a self-starter and motivated to learn new techniques, skills, and knowledge required by his or her duties and responsibilities
- You are proficient with MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- You have strong presentation and communication skills and the ability to interact with divisions and management at all levels
What Is Next
- If this is the right position for you, click apply.
- Rexel Canada is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to the Canadian marketplace.
- We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in Fitzii.
You are applying for:
Senior Financial Analyst
Rexel Canada Electrical Inc.