Who We Are
Alter Eco® is a chocolate-centric, sustainability-directed food company that takes indulgence to an entirely new level. Recognized as a top certified Benefit Corporation, a registered Public Benefit Corporation and proudly listed as one of San Francisco’s ‘Best & Brightest’ places to work in 2019, Alter Eco is dedicated to pioneering a better way of doing business as a force for change. Alter Eco practices a full-circle approach to sustainability throughout its operations and supply chain through four pillars: sourcing using Fair Trade principles, producing only organic and non-GMO foods, creating minimal waste by working towards 100 percent compostable packaging, and in-setting carbon emissions by means of large-scale reforestation/conservation programs in the cooperatives that produce its crops. These principals are entwined with Alter Eco’s commitment to the highest quality ingredients and taste in all of its products, available in North America, Australia and Canada. Our certified ‘green’ office is located in the heart of the Mission district in San Francisco, home to many restaurants which make this city a foodie destination! All Alter Eco products are USDA Certified Organic, Fair Trade Certified, Carbon Neutral Certified, and Certified Gluten-Free (excluding Dark Salt & Malt).
More information is available at www.alterecofoods.com.
The Fulfillment Manager is responsible for managing and developing the relationships with both retail and distributor customers. The Fulfillment Manager will ensure all orders are processed in a timely manner as well as help ensure that we meet our sales and inventory goals by developing and managing customer inventory supply plans and providing exceptional customer experience and file rate. They will work as the liaison between all other internal functions including sales, supply chain, accounting and marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Approve/ Manage processing of sales orders for all regions- US, AUS, CAN
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle, including process and customer expectations/compliance for each customer.
- Review weeks on hand with supply team and flag any low stock conditions or upcoming inventory needs, revise/allocate weekly orders as needed. Alert distribution and retail partners of any major inventory concerns.
- Address Out of Stock situations with Supply Chain Team, determine reasoning- effectively communication this to Sales Team back in stock dates.
- Deliver weekly fulfillment report, weekly sales report, and provide MTD report with accurate and up to date information.
- Manage fulfillment activity as well as month-end execution processes with operations and finance teams to ensure timely close process
- Manage and report progress against Key customer scorecards (Forecast Accuracy, Fulfilment rate, Cost to serve, Supply on Hand etc.)
- Actively seek new ways to improve the customer experience by evaluating vendor performance, analytics and customer feedback, and work with leadership teams on best ways to execute.
- Work with Sales, Operations and Finance to identify and fix problems in our company processes to drive the overall success of the business.
- EDI/SPS Commerce Management – Responsible for maintaining EDI accuracy and on boarding new trading partners
- Work with Sales and Accounting to confirm pricing structures, discounts and customer account details remain up-to-date and documented
- Ensure above are updated efficiently in company SOPs
- Manage out-sourced data entry associate
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- 3 - 5 years of sales support or customer service required. Prior consumer goods experience preferred
- A team player with excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Reliable and organized
- Passionate and entrepreneurial with a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Dynamic, outgoing and love to talk to customers
- Attention to detail is an absolute must including accurate typing, spelling and grammatical skills.
- Ability to manage time, multiple priorities and handle a high volume of work
- Strong computer skills: Excel required, Microsoft Office and experience with an ERP system (NetSuite a plus)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- A personal connection to the mission and products of Alter Eco a plus
You are applying for:
Alter Eco Foods
San Francisco, CA