Bilingual Payroll Administrator
Rexel Canada Electrical Inc. is a world leader within the electrical distribution market. We operate in 38 countries, conduct business through a network of 2,300 branches and rely on the support of 30,000 employees internationally to provide electrical solutions and equipment within the industrial, residential, and commercial sectors. Throughout the world, Rexel is accelerating electrical advances in close collaboration with its customers and partners.
Within Canada, our operating banners of Nedco, Westburne & Rexel Atlantic allow us to serve our customers through a network of 200 + branches across the country, ensuring that local service, inventory availability and knowledgeable support are close by.
We are currently looking for a Bilingual Payroll Administrator for our Corporate Office in Mississauga.
- Responsible for the preparation and processing of biweekly and semi-monthly payroll for 2200 employees in Canada using in-house Empath system
- Experience with multi-provincial, union/nonunion, hourly and salary payroll
- Ability to work collaboratively with the human resources team on the administration of new hires, terminations and other changes while ensuring proper approvals and controls are followed
- Assist in the daily maintenance, integrity and operation of the payroll system
- Assist with processing and resolving issues with stakeholders such as Record of Employment, month-end processes, Union, RRSP, WCB/WSIB, Garnishments with minimal intervention from manager
- Handle inquiries from employees, government agencies and other organizations regarding employee work history and earnings information.
- Ensure the processing and completion of all payroll data is compliant with the CBAs, provincial & federal legislation and/or company policies
- Work closely with the team to ensure discrepancies are quickly identified and corrected to avoid future errors
- Manage benefits and pension administration (enrollment & eligibility)
- Oversee Life Insurance & LTD claim administration inquiries through Manulife
- Assist with any ad-hoc payroll duties
- Assist with yearend activities and T2200 forms
- Perform clerical duties such as maintaining employee payroll files and shredding of paper documents
- Work with other team members to coordinate responsibilities and prioritize tasks, ensuring important deadlines are met
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work with a sense of urgency to ensure payroll completeness and accuracy
- Effectively communicates to employees, managers and stakeholders on payroll deadlines to prevent disruption to the payroll process
- Provide assistance as necessary for all internal and external audits related to payroll
- Prepare reports such as headcount, overtime, tax deductions, vacation accruals etc.
- Must be hungry to learn, own your role and excel at delivering an exceptional client experience
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Accounting, Business or related field
- PCP designation is required
- 2 years’ experience in payroll
- Team player that brings a positive attitude and approach to a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Self-starter who is able to work effectively in a team as well as independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French
- Some knowledge of Crystal Reports would be preferred
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Experience identifying and implementing improvements to existing payroll processes
- Knows the importance of maintaining a high degree of confidentiality and professionalism
- Implementation experience would be an asset
- Strong analytical thinker, process-focused and detail-oriented - Extraordinary analytical, quantitative and social skills
If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in Fitzii.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please visit www.rexel.ca for other career opportunities.
You are applying for:
Bilingual Payroll Administrator
Rexel Canada Electrical Inc.