Divisional Vendor Manager
Westburne is much more than electrical products. We are Canada’s market leader in energy solutions, renewables, lighting, wire & cable, automation and connected network solutions. We have access to the best partners in the industry and we go above and beyond to help our customers and partners grow.
What You Will Do With Us
As the Divisional Vendor Manager based in Calgary, you will be responsible for the management of vendor relationships to drive performance goals and financial success with our vendor partners. This will include developing strong and productive relationships with internal customers and partner counterparts.
How You Will Thrive With Us
- You will assume the management role for all activities related to the relationship with external vendors including but not limited to Marketing, Inventory and Product Specialists.
- You will develop vendor strategies and coordinate internally all company resources to execute the strategies.
- You will be responsible for standard change control process to update 3rd party agreements where required. Manage the addition and removal of vendors under the terms of our agreements.
- You will monitor and escalate service levels to ensure consistency of product and service delivery with vendors and act as the main point of contact for all escalations with external vendors.
- You will develop and manage the reporting on KPI’s for 3rd party vendors and provide trend analysis with recommendations for operational improvements.
- You will provide regular financial updates of the programs in place with vendors to ensure profitability is being maintained.
- You will maintain 3rd party pricing tool and any other appropriate tools to prepare price quotes for new and expansion opportunities.
- You will provide expertise and leadership in the area of vendor and contract management, vendor marketplace, risks, best practices and change leadership.
- You will interact regularly with senior or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, regions, and/or business partners.
- You will make effective decisions on internal operational matters and ensures the achievement of objectives.
- You will act as a change leader and drive change, process improvements and cultural transformation both internally within the respective department and in collaboration with other managers.
- You will manage the planning, budgeting, forecasting and controlling/managing of costs within areas of responsibility.
- You will lead the development and implementation of supplier management improvement strategies and innovation.
- You will provide leadership and direction on contract management processes (i.e.: new or terminating contracts, or extensions) and associated purchasing processes and tools.
- You will provide leadership and direction on the application of financial concepts and terms to support vendor and contract management operations (i.e.: Total Cost of Ownership.)
- You understand vendor products and how they support the infrastructure technology and applications, as well as the financial systems that support the vendor and contract processes.
- You will be a Brand Ambassador, by building brand recognition while supporting sales initiatives and enhancing customer experiences. You will consistently ensure that our corporate image is reflected.
Who Are You
- You have a post-secondary degree. Preferred Bachelor of Commerce or Business Administration + ten (10) years of sales experience + five (5) years of working experience in marketing and purchasing/inventory.
- You have expert knowledge in related disciplines and implementation process
- You have strong planning, analytical, organizational, decision making and time management skills.
- You have outstanding customer experience orientation and industry knowledge.
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral.)
- You have strong business and financial acumen.
- You have superior project management skills.
- You have strong PC skills.
- You must be self-motivated and able to work independently.
What We Offer
- Our employees enjoy a positive work-life balance while thriving in an environment that is ever-changing and motivated by new and exciting challenges.
- We offer competitive compensation, a series of benefit options and pension packages, and the opportunity for success and growth across the organization.
- Westburne provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants. We encourage everyone to apply.
What Is Next?
- If this is the right position for you, click apply.
- We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in Fitzii.
You are applying for:
Divisional Vendor Manager