Ontario Dental Association, Yorkville
- Central location, close to TTC
- Part-Time, contract role with opportunities for growth
- Meaningful non-profit organization work
They say that you’re never fully dressed without a smile - but what’s a smile without clean, healthy, beautiful teeth to back it up?
We’re the Ontario Dental Association, and we represent over 90% of dentists in Ontario: advocating on their behalf to improve dentistry for both dentists and patients, and keeping Ontarians smiling.
Working with other health-care professionals, governments, the private sector and the public, the ODA provides a wide range of services, resources and continuing education programs to support ODA member dentists in their pursuit of professional excellence and personal fulfillment.
Now, we’re looking for a new Travel Assistant to help us in our mission.
In this key role, you will be assisting dentists, dental assistants and dental hygienists participating in the Remotes Area Program (RAP) by being the primary contact for all travel-related needs and issues. You will work closely with the public, ODA members, and other stakeholders, and uphold the highest standards of professionalism and confidentiality.
You will take care of approximately 20-30 people a month. You’ll be responsible for booking their flights and hotels, liaising with government staff, providers and travel industry professionals and being on-call to support with any issues that may arise.
Critical to your success in this role will be your excellent critical thinking skills, efficiency and responsiveness. You will also need to have a high-level of verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
The very best in this role are:
- Motivated – they’re passionate about the ODA’s purpose, and dive in to make an impact. They have a track record of excellence and are driven to succeed.
- Calm under pressure – you’re known for being cool and collected, whether you’re dealing with a difficult issue, or tackling a lengthy to-do list.
- Reliable – you are dependable and meet the needs of our dental service providers, every time and have a consistent standard of quality.
- Proactive: You spot potential issues and act to solve them before they become too problematic.
- Technically Inclined – whether your experience is professional or personal, you understand technology and are a quick learner.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Liaise with the RAP Administrator, RAP Co-ordinator and with ISC staff to ascertain travel requirements.
- Work with RAP providers (dentists, dental assistants, & dental hygienists) to support travel arrangements.
- Book all travel, hotels, and related expenses.
- Ensure the collection and submission of required and appropriate documentation to allow for prompt invoicing and payments.
- Be the primary contact for travel (including weekend and after-hours travel).
- Work closely with teams inside the department, across the organization, and with external groups as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working at ODA
This is a part-time, contract position paying a competitive hourly wage commensurate with experience and you must be available to work on some weekends and after hours. The position is ideally suited for those open to flexible work arrangements, with a combination of on-site and remote work.
The ODA occupies a large, open, beautiful space that used to be a copper factory. Located in the heart of Yorkville, parks, transit and everything downtown Toronto has to offer is just steps away.
ODA is proud to be one of the GTA’s Top Employers 2019 – we think that says a lot about the culture and work environment we’ve built over the last 150+ years. We are all about growth and learning: every position in our organization offers both challenges and opportunities, and we encourage all our staff to establish themselves within and beyond their individual roles. Whether through our employee recognition program, or every day in our close-knit office environment, we make sure that support and opportunity are always within reach.
- 2+ years of experience in an office administration role
- Experience in the travel or hospitality industry (e.g. booking travel) an asset
- Proficiency using Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Secondary school diploma plus two-years university, college or technical school training, or a combination of education and experience
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for:
Ontario Dental Association