User Experience Designer
Want to engage in meaningful work with a great team? Join BlueDot, a digital health company that protects people around the world from infectious diseases with human and artificial intelligence.
Senior User Experience Designer
We are seeking a creative, analytical User Experience Designer to design complex data-centric web and mobile products. This role is a rare opportunity to apply your design craft and thinking to the development of socially meaningful, innovative technologies in global health.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own user experience design projects for web-based and mobile products that generate and distribute critical analytical insights on the global spread of infectious disease
- Participate in the full spectrum of user-centred design activities, including: exploratory research and framing, interaction and user interface design (wireframes, mockups, prototypes), evaluation (user testing, heuristic evaluations, cognitive walkthroughs), and final production (design specifications and requirements, asset creation)
- Design and produce scientific data visualizations that reveal patterns or communicate analyses
- Work closely with the technology team (developers, data engineers, QA) to co-create within constraints and see designs through to implementation
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to identify and communicate design priorities, champion the user, and promote high design standards
- Be a key player in a closely-knit and dedicated design team
We’re looking for someone who has:
- A passion for applying their design talents to creating solutions for important social problems
- At least 5 years of experience designing web and mobile applications
- Background in interaction design, graphic design, computer science, information science, human factors engineering, or related fields
- An appetite for solving complex workflow problems (often involving data exploration, analytics, visualization, and content communication) in elegant ways
- A strong understanding and application of user-centred design and data visualization principles (you know your Norman and Tufte!)
- Outstanding visual skills with stylistic breadth that fuses beauty with usability
- Proficiency with vector-authoring tools (Figma, Sketch, Adobe Illustrator, etc.) and interaction prototyping tools (InVision, Principle, etc.)
Ideally, you also have:
- An understanding of foundational mathematics, especially as it applies to statistical modelling
What’s in it for you as a member of the BlueDot team:
- Meaningful work that has purpose
- Being a part of a fun and collaborative team
- Outstanding health & dental benefits
- Healthy office snacks
- Downtown office with beautiful lake views, minutes from Union station
Work Location: 207 Queens Quay West, Toronto, ON
For more information, visit: http://bluedot.global
BlueDot protects people around the world from infectious diseases with human and artificial intelligence. We help governments protect their citizens, hospitals protect their staff and patients, and businesses protect their employees and customers.
Our team understands the complexity of the challenge in front of us – and that the urgency to solve the problem has never been greater. We’ve combined our medical and public health expertise with advanced data analytics to build solutions that track, contextualize, and anticipate infectious disease risks.
BlueDot is composed of an intentionally eclectic collective of scientists, mavericks, data geeks, design thinkers, and do-gooders united in a singular desire to outsmart infectious disease. Drawing from a range of expertise – epidemiology, medicine, ecology, mathematical modelling, geospatial analytics, data science & engineering, design, and development – BlueDot hires people who are passionate about making a difference in the world.
Together, we can create a healthier and safer world.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BlueDot is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
BlueDot is a Certified B Corp, which means we are certified to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We've also been recognized as a Best Place to Work for Women, and a top 25 Best Workplace in the country.
You are applying for:
User Experience Designer