Director, People & Culture
Want to engage in meaningful work with a great team? Join BlueDot, a digital health company that protects people around the world from infectious diseases with human and artificial intelligence.
Director, People & Culture
We are looking for a Director of People & Culture to lead our people practice during this exciting phase of growth. As a key member of the leadership team and reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, you will be responsible for supporting the strategic success of BlueDot through the design, implementation, and refinement of our People & Culture strategy. This is a hands-on role where you will provide both tactical and operational expertise to our leaders and employees on all people related matters, including, but not limited to, recruitment, engagement, performance management, professional development, rewards and recognition. Your work will be instrumental in continuing to cultivate the company’s collaborative culture while fostering innovation, growth, and embodying BlueDot’s values.
What you’ll be doing:
- Recruitment & Onboarding: Leading full-cycle recruitment, selection, and onboarding to ensure BlueDot continues to attract and hire top talent while providing an exceptional candidate experience
- Performance management: Re-designing and relaunching our company-wide performance management & feedback process
- Training and development: Designing training, mentorship, and development processes to allow all employees to grow in their roles and careers at BlueDot
- Policies and Compliance: Developing and administering HR policies and programs to ensure BlueDot is not only compliant with employment legislation, but supporting the evolving employee and business needs
- Employee Relations: Providing proactive and specialized employee relations advice and consultation to leaders to build and maintain a high performing and engaged team
- Organizational Change: Supporting leaders with workforce planning and the implementation and communication of organizational changes
- Continually identifying and implementing opportunities to improve employee experience, wellbeing, and happiness
- Planning and organizing celebrations and events (out of office summer and holiday events, monthly social nights, product launches, recognizing milestone life events, etc.)
- Soliciting employee feedback through quarterly surveys and bi-annual one-on-one meetings to inform and evolve our People & Culture strategy
- Developing and implementing employee recognition programs
- Managing and administering the culture budget
- Ensuring the physical office space supports a welcoming, collaborative, and productive working environment
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 10+ years of People/HR experience including in strategic and leadership roles
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in business management, human resources, organizational development, or a combination of these or other relevant fields. HR Certification would be an asset
- A natural entrepreneurial style which is more aligned to “can do” than being policy-focused
- Experience leading and scaling people and culture programs in a growing organization
- Expert consulting skills with the ability to build collaborative, trustworthy relationships at the most senior levels in an organization
- Strong business acumen and thrives in a start-up environment and working in “the grey”
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, and communication skills to both internal and external audiences
- A proven ability to drive change and influence adoption of new ideas in a scaling organization
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of employment legislation and compliance requirements, HR policies and best practices
- An innate passion for talent, culture, and engagement practices
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to understand trends and develop recommendations
What’s in it for you as a member of the BlueDot team:
- Meaningful work that has purpose
- Being a part of a fun and collaborative team
- Outstanding health & dental benefits
- Healthy office snacks
- Downtown office with beautiful lake views, minutes from Union station
Work Location: 207 Queens Quay West, Toronto, ON
For more information, visit: http://bluedot.global
BlueDot protects people around the world from infectious diseases with human and artificial intelligence. We help governments protect their citizens, hospitals protect their staff and patients, and businesses protect their employees and customers.
Our team understands the complexity of the challenge in front of us – and that the urgency to solve the problem has never been greater. We’ve combined our medical and public health expertise with advanced data analytics to build solutions that track, contextualize, and anticipate infectious disease risks.
BlueDot is composed of an intentionally eclectic collective of scientists, mavericks, data geeks, design thinkers, and do-gooders united in a singular desire to outsmart infectious disease. Drawing from a range of expertise – epidemiology, medicine, ecology, mathematical modelling, geospatial analytics, data science & engineering, design, and development – BlueDot hires people who are passionate about making a difference in the world.
Together, we can create a healthier and safer world.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
BlueDot is committed to workplace diversity and will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process.
BlueDot is a Certified B Corp, which means we are certified to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. We've also been recognized as a Best Place to Work for Women, and a top 25 Best Workplace in the country.
You are applying for:
Director, People & Culture