Automation Product Specialist
Westburne, a division of Rexel (RXL: Euronext Paris), is a Canadian market leader in energy, lighting, wire and cable, automation and connected network solutions.
We are currently looking for a self-motivated individual to become an integral part of our team at our Burnaby location.
As an Automation Product Specialist, your responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists our Industrial Sales Representatives in identifying and closing Automation sales opportunities
- Prepare annual strategic plans for sales development in an assigned geographical area
- Train internal and external customers on Automation products and applications
- Upgrades skills on a continuous basis, by attending Rockwell Automation courses as deemed necessary by the Automation District Supervisor
- Maintains relationships with key O.E.M.’s engineering firms and end-users in assigned territories
- Works directly with Industrial Sales Representatives and Rockwell account managers to create the Automation business plan for assigned branch locations
- Train our Industrial Sales Representative to locate Automation sales opportunities
- Report activities and progress on a weekly basis to the Automation District Supervisor
- Ensures that our sales efforts meet sales budget requirements and fit within our cost allocation
- Provides mentoring to the Automation Technical Support personnel
- Other duties as specified by the Automation Supervisor and Automation District Managers
Skills & Qualifications:
- University or College degree/diploma in Engineering or a minimum of five (5) years related experience in the industry, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 2 years previous Automation product sales experience either in the field or as a technical support person
- Strong background in Allen-Bradley / Rockwell Automation Products and Services. Knowledge of PLC, HMI/SCADA, Automation software and Motion control
- Understanding of automation product portfolio and the ways in which these products apply to our customers’ needs for factory automation. Strong sales and presentation skills, as well as application knowledge, are a must
- Outstanding communication skills, to communicate effectively with all current and prospective customers on a regular basis
Westburne, a division of Rexel, is the Canadian market leader in the B2B supply of electrical, alternative energy, lighting, wire and cable, automation and connected enterprise solutions. With over 100 locations, we are proud to offer rewarding careers to over 1000 Canadians across the country.
What We Can Offer You
Our employees enjoy a dynamic and ever-changing work environment. We offer competitive compensation, benefits and pension packages, and the opportunity for continued growth across the organization.
Westburne provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Learn more about life at Westburne by visiting lifehere.westburne.ca or our page on LinkedIn.
You are applying for:
Automation Product Specialist