- Yorkville, Toronto
- Close knit team, beautiful office environment
- $60,000-$75,000k/year commensurate with experience, flex hours, and vacation
- Senior level role
Does the opportunity to advance your career while supporting climate action with a growing company excite you? And are you in search of a more senior, hands-on role with plenty of variety and responsibility?
If you’re ready for all of this and more, we’ve got an opportunity for you.
We’re Mantle, a boutique consulting firm dedicated to shining a light on how climate change impacts large organizations now and in the future, and advancing strategies to thrive. From government to industry, our work educates and equips our clients with the tools to identify climate risks and strategize climate resiliency so they can make smart business decisions and seize climate-related opportunities.
As our new Office Manager, your role will be equal parts technical wizardry and team support to ensure our Yorkville office is running efficiently for the benefit of the team. You’re passionate about tech, and you’re excited for the opportunity to leverage that passion in a dynamic office environment for the benefit of our team and our combined impact at addressing the climate crisis.
We’re looking for someone who’s proactive and curious; you’re always learning and looking for ways to apply that learning to make your life (and everyone else’s!) easier and more impactful. Whether that means mastering some new applications or thinking about new ways to apply what you already know, you love the practical aspects of improving processes and making an impact.
Your tasks will include:
- Being the primary in-office administrator and supporting our existing part-time executive assistant
- Being radically responsible for daily office-management related activities including ensuring supplies are stocked, accepting deliveries, and welcoming visitors
- Respond to queries by phone, email, and in person, directing queries to relevant departments and persons
- Take and distribute meeting minutes
- Edit/proofread a range of materials, including newsletters, presentations, etc.
- Scan/file/retrieve documents using proven organizational strategies
- Data entry and database management
- Research and document review
- Manage executive calendars, scheduling meetings, travel arrangements, etc.
- Format documents and manage printing and collation of deliverables required in printed format
- Continually seek out new software and processes to improve the efficiency and impact of the team
You’ll have opportunities to be creative and bring your own preferences and personality to this role. That’s why you’ll need to be more than just organized and efficient: the best in this role will bring confidence to every task, take initiative, and solve problems independently.
Working with Mantle
This is a full-time permanent position, working Monday to Friday core business hours with flexibility. We offer a competitive starting salary of $55,000 to $75,000/year commensurate with your experience, as well as vacation.
You’ll also get to work with a group of talented and mission-driven co-workers in a highly collaborative, high-performance workplace. Team members are bonded by our commitment to meaningful, purpose-driven work, helping real-world decision makers and influencers engage with and respond to the climate crises.
If you’re as passionate as we are about working in a collaborative and impactful role, in an evolutionary organization, we would love to hear from you.
- Degree/diploma in business administration or similar, or an equivalent amount of education and experience
- 5+ years’ experience in an administrative role, preferably one with a significant technological component
- Strong professional writing ability, and experience drafting a range of business documents (emails, reports, presentations, etc.)
- Proficiency with Zoom, MS Office (Excel, Word), and advanced proficiency with PowerPoint and Outlook
- Familiarity with Mac and Windows operating systems
- Experience with design and design software, including Adobe Acrobat, WordPress, and infographic design (asset)
- Experience maintaining the confidentiality of important documents
Nice to haves
- Interest and or/personal investment in climate change would be an asset
- Interest in social media/blogging would be an asset
- Any additional tech experience (in website design, SEO, graphic design) would be an asset
- Any experience in PR and/or marketing would be an asset
- Experience in book-keeping including use of Quickbooks Online would be an asset
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for: