Pivot Energy is accelerating the shift to clean energy in communities throughout the nation, by developing, financing, and servicing commercial solar, community solar, and energy storage projects. We started by building solar systems for small businesses and have since grown to become a national player with an end-to-end distributed energy platform that helps businesses and communities embrace renewable energy.
We are one of the fastest growing solar companies and are proud to operate with a Triple Bottom Line (3BL), measuring our success by the positive impact we make to people, planet, and profit. We believe the business community is uniquely positioned to make a profound impact on a variety of social and environmental challenges, which is why we have dedicated ourselves to operating this way and helping others learn how they can adopt this revolutionary approach to business.
This position is for a project/construction management position with a fast-growing clean energy company completing rooftop and ground mount solar PV projects nationally. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the planning and coordination of all aspects of the construction process, including bidding, qualification of subcontractors, and working with owners, engineers, and vendors.
Strong problem-solving abilities are a must in order to deal with inevitable shifts in project scope, schedule, and other elements of the construction process. The position requires an understanding of the construction business, safety compliance, and the ability to work under deadlines. This is a mid-level position with a high degree of responsibility. Expectations are focused on managing budgets and schedules while maintaining a high level of communication both internally and with the various external stakeholders.
- Review drawings and specifications and have a thorough understanding of the scope of work
- Coordinate internally to monitor project schedules and assure timely completion of all deliverables
- Responsible for P&L of assigned projects
- Assist preconstruction department in developing project estimates and schedules during sales process
- Develop and deliver job progress reports
- Initiate close-out procedures and prepare close-out documents
- Perform procurement activities, such as quoting and creating purchase orders, and coordinate logistics of material purchases arriving at project sites
- Monitor construction progress on a regular basis, reinforcing safety with subcontractor and addressing any issues that arise during construction
- Maintain continuous contact with customer to keep them informed of project status
- Perform quality checks on installed projects
- Coordinate with all permitting authorities
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge in construction means and methods, experience in the solar industry preferred
- NABCEP certification is a plus
- OSHA 30 is a plus
- Strong organization, leadership, negotiation, and delegation skills
- Working knowledge of scheduling concepts such as CPM, Gantt charts, etc
This is an opportunity to become a part of an energetic and fast-paced company, working in one of the best industries, and with ample opportunity for career growth. Traveling domestically to job sites ranges from 10-25% of work hours. All employees are required to follow safety standards and wear all personal protective equipment in designated areas.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Awarded one of the “Best Places to Work”in Denver in 2019 by the Denver Business Journal, Pivot Energy is a triple-bottom-line company that focuses on our people as our most valuable resource. We offer a competitive salary based on relevant experience.
Pivot Energy has an outstanding benefits package that gets better every year. These include excellent health/dental/vision insurance benefits with up to 100% of premiums covered by the company, 401(k) match, four weeks of vacation, and generous parental leave. Additionally, Pivot offers extended PTO for volunteering in the community, an employee solar program, and a company match for all individual charitable donations up to $500/year.
Pivot Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its employees. We seek to cultivate an inclusive culture that celebrates all identities and values the unique perspectives that they bring to the workplace.
You are applying for: