Inside Sourcing Specialist
For 100 years, Nedco has been a cornerstone in the electrical industry. With branches across Canada, Nedco is pleased to offer one-stop shopping for a wide range of quality products such as communications, wire and cable, distribution, lighting, data, home integration and security.
Nedco, a leader in the electrical industry, is a company committed to high quality and customer service. The strength of that commitment by our people is reflected through Nedco's track record of professionalism and customer satisfaction. Nedco's commitment to value and on-going training and development enables our teams to provide quality solutions to our customers and empowers us to exceed their expectations, day after day. Nedco is an equal opportunity employer firmly committed to the Canadian marketplace.
As an Inside Sourcing Specialist based in Victoria, your responsibilities will be to:
- Ensure that a high level of customer service is maintained through exceptional communication (email, phone and in-person) and by responding to internal and external customers' needs in an efficient, timely and professional manner
- Develop relationships with current customers and work to attract and onboard new customers
- Process orders, inquiries & quotations every day. Confirm stock availability and suggest alternatives as required. Source parts and components locally as well as internationally.
- Prepare reporting, monitor, maintain and manage purchase orders
- Work as required to ensure that all customer shipments are processed on time and required paperwork (bills of lading, shipping invoices, shipping manifests, commercial invoices) is completed.
- Assist A/P with supplier payment and invoice processing
- Ensure KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) are reviewed, and continuous improvement initiatives are implemented
- Adhere to company standard operating procedures
- Monitor and maintain purchase order status, including price changes, delivery updates and regular reporting.
- Experience with CBSA tariff tables an asset
- Ability to work independently, without direct supervision
- Adhere to established Health & Safety procedures and practices
- Answer telephones and help at the Counter whenever required
- Make at least four (4) outbound calls per day to various customers to solicit additional business.
- Assist customers with any inquiries regarding e-commerce.
Skills & Qualifications
- 2 - 3 years industrial experience
- Good mathematical skills
- Strong team player with a positive outlook and strong coaching skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Experience in a fast-paced and high throughput operation is an asset;
- Computer literacy – WMS and MS Office; Strong Excel spreadsheet skills are required
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension
- A stable and safe work environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Employee bonus plan
If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in Fitzii.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please visit www.nedco.ca for other career opportunities.
You are applying for:
Inside Sourcing Specialist