Rexel Canada Electrical Inc. is a world leader within the electrical distribution market. We operate in 38 countries, conduct business through a network of 2,300 branches and rely on the support of 30,000 employees internationally to provide electrical solutions and equipment within the industrial, residential, and commercial sectors. Throughout the world, Rexel is accelerating electrical advances in close collaboration with its customers and partners.
We are currently looking for a Buyer for the Western procurement team that is responsible for the replenishment of inventory for 56 branches in Western Canada. The candidate will be based at our Calgary location and will be responsible for replenishing inventory within the distribution network while achieving targeted turns and fill rate objectives. The successful candidate will place orders with suppliers, expedite and maintain delivery dates as well as non-conformance resolution.
- Work with vendors to obtain purchase order confirmation as well as maintain PO Cost and delivery dates in the system.
- Expedite delivery as required
- Support item master team with item data maintenance
- Maintain stocking levels based on preset and anticipated demands of the branches in order to hit achieve availability targets
- Resolve problems with suppliers and indicate the level of satisfaction from branches.
- Review historical and forecasted demand to make the appropriate buying decision
- Work with Accounting and Traffic on discrepancy resolution
- Working directly with the Inventory Planners, make recommendations on slow-moving and surplus inventory
- Daily review of branch surplus inventory for the purpose of inventory rebalancing
- Daily review of critical / Core items
Skills & Qualifications:
- Post-secondary education or 2-3 years of related experience
- Computer literacy, proficient with all Microsoft Office programs (Primarily Outlook and Excel). AS400 and/or GAINS experience considered an asset
- Problem-solving and ability to make decisions independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well under pressure when dealing with competing priorities and managing time effectively.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Competitive salary, benefits and pension packages
- A stable and safe work environment
- Opportunities for growth and development
- Employee bonus plan
If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in Fitzii.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please visit www.rexel.ca for other career opportunities.
You are applying for: