About TallGrass Natural Health
TallGrass Natural Health is the leading omnichannel partner taking care of everything natural brands need to grow sales in Canada. We partner with brands and connect them to Canadian retailers, health care professionals and ecommerce platforms to reach natural consumers. Our mission is to inspire and empower Canadian consumers to take a holistic approach to wellness. As a certified B Corp, TallGrass must continually meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability, and transparency. Our current brand partner portfolio includes Botanica, MegaFood, Host Defense, Innate Response, Manuka Health, Gabriel, Zuzu and Naturtint.
Our Core Values
- Celebrate – We work hard, play hard and laugh hard.
- See the big picture – We see, understand and care about the whole process.
- Build community – We nurture our relationships and ourselves.
- Follow through – We honour the trust people place in us.
- Show gratitude – We respect and appreciate everyone's contribution.
- Do good – We care about the health of all people and our planet.
We’re looking for a values-based individual to join our accounting team. Your mission to start is to manage our day-to-day accounts receivable and credits processes. As you gain experience and understanding of the business, there are plenty of growth opportunities to take on additional accounting responsibilities making this the perfect role if you are early in your career or looking to expand your experience beyond A/R. The Accountant reports to the Director of Business Intelligence.
Outcomes/Critical Success Factors
- Completes daily accounts receivables transactions including bank deposits, payments, credits, collections and expenses with a strong sense of urgency
- Prepares weekly accounts receivable collections schedules and partners with stores regarding past due receivables and payments skillfully balancing customer loyalty and cash flow
- Promptly organizes product returns and credits and liaises with store and account managers
- Performs selective accounts reconciliations
- Assists with office administrative duties – record maintenance, filing, various projects, reports, and other duties as assigned
- Assists with some accounts payable – processing expenses and purchase orders
- Provides occasional back-up support with processing sales invoices
- Provides occasional back-up support to answering telephones promptly and directs calls politely and in a friendly manner as needed
- Values-aligned – You are excited about a career that aligns with your personal values
- Experienced – You have a minimum of 1-year experience with accounts receivable
- Efficient and Effective – You have a sense of urgency and successful in time management
- Organized – You are able to juggle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Positive attitude and team player – You are calm under pressure and care about team success
- Detail-oriented – You are able to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing tasks
- Good communication – You are a clear and effective communicator
You are applying for: