Do you enjoy being the coordinating hand behind successful projects? Are you looking for a high impact role with an established company on the rise?
If so, we’ve got an opportunity for you.
We’re EMS-Tech: a successful and growing engineering firm that specializes in designs for bulk material handling. For over 30 years, we’ve been lending our expertise to projects great and small, leaving a trail of very happy clients in our wake.
Now we’re adding a new member to our team: someone who manages the complex interplay between schedules, human and material resources with ease.
That’s where you come in:
As our new Project Manager, you’ll manage a range of standard logistical processes—including budgets, schedules and materials—to ensure smooth, seamless execution. Your strong attention to detail and expert organizational abilities will have a significant and visible effect on the success of projects.
While this position is in part a growth role, you’ll still have access to our existing systems, suppliers, etc. After you develop familiarity with everything that’s in place, you’ll have opportunities to make changes and find efficiencies as you see fit.
The best in this role will do more than apply a working knowledge of PM principles: they’ll take ownership and be a resource for everyone on the team.
Here are some of the things you’ll be working on:
- Participate in project scope, including schedules and budgeted hours
- Formulate budget estimates, establish priorities, and work with Project Engineer to prepare tender documents
- Monitor and work within budget allotments
- Act as primary point of contact for schedule updates while staying in contact with project team members
- Prepare and deliver regular reports to Department Manager
- Liaise with suppliers and clients, engaging in negotiations that prioritize project budgets and timelines
This is not a technical position, so while it would be great if you had some familiarity with our industry, there’s no need to be an expert. If you’ve got strong fundamental skills and experience in a traditional project management role, together with a strong ability and desire to learn new things, this is an opportunity for you.
Working with EMS-Tech:
This is a full-time, permanent position, with hours from Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm, with occasional overtime during busy periods. In addition to an attractive starting salary, between $70,000 and $90,000 per year depending on your experience, you’ll receive a standard benefits package plus pension.
Our office is located in Belleville, a wonderful, vibrant place to live and work. Whether through our connections with Loyalist College or in events such as Ride for Autism, we believe in meaningful connections with our community.
- College degree (3 year) or equivalent in project management or similar
- 8+ years industry experience, preferably in bulk material handling, engineering, or a similar industry
- Experience managing medium to large project budgets
- Experience negotiating supplier/client contracts
- Project manager professional designation preferred
- Expertise in common PM software and applications, including budgeting, scheduling, etc.
- Valid passport and ability to travel internationally
How to Apply:
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We strive to build a team that reflects the diversity of the community we work in, and encourage applications from traditionally underrepresented groups such as women, visible minorities, Indigenous peoples, people identifying as LGBTQ2SI, veterans, and people with disabilities. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us using the “Help” button.
We will review applications, with priority given to those who have completed the assessment, and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for: