Manager, Business Development
Pivot Energy is accelerating the shift to clean energy in communities throughout the nation, by developing, financing, and servicing commercial solar, community solar, and energy storage projects. We started by building solar systems for small, regional corporate, and industrial clients, and have since grown to become a national player with an end-to-end distributed energy platform that helps businesses and communities progress to clean, renewable energy.
We are one of the fastest growing solar companies and are proud to operate with a Triple Bottom Line (3BL), measuring our success by the positive impact we make to people, planet, and profit. We believe the business community is uniquely positioned to make a profound impact on a variety of social and environmental challenges, which is why we have dedicated ourselves to operating this way and helping others learn how they can adopt this revolutionary approach to business.
Pivot Energy is seeking a motivated and dependable Business Development Manager to join our team, focused on the growing solar market in the Northeast region of the United States. This full-time position, ideally based in New York City (or immediate surrounding areas), will direct and nurture the rapid growth and expansion anticipated in this market over the coming years.
This role will be primarily responsible for closing prospective business-to-business solar opportunities with companies in the region. As these are multimillion-dollar deals that require months of work to solidify, the position requires commitment, attention to detail, and creativity. These sales are highly complicated, and each deal is unique... so enthusiasm and problem solving are essential!
This role will also grow to be the regional resource for key policy and regulatory matters with respect to their potential to impact solar opportunities. This position offers a great opportunity with tremendous growth potential at a cutting-edge clean energy company with operations in multiple US markets.
The Manager’s primary qualifications include demonstrated abilities to meet sales goals, present professionally, learn quickly, and work both alone and as part of a team. Some experience in solar or energy is necessary, which we will consider along with sales ability, passion for clean energy, and the ability to think critically. An important skill associated with this role is the ability to listen to the needs of a client, communicate the excitement associated with the solutions our company offers, and close deals.
- Network– Show enthusiasm for networking opportunities; get involved in industry and community groups; establish personal networks;
- Outreach– While Pivot has a lead generation team focused on making initial contact with prospects, this remains a sales role with outreach responsibilities;
- Learn– Cultivate professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; participating in professional societies;
- Solar Assessments– Qualify potential customers and remotely assess the capacity for solar;
- Create Proposals– Utilize our proposal generator to produce professional proposals;
- Track Sales Activities– Record all contacts and sales activities in our CRM system;
- Make Presentations– Identify and meet with the appropriate decision makers and present the costs and benefits effectively;
- Close Deals– Negotiate contract terms; take the opportunity to completion within multiple departments of the customer organization.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills;
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite; willingness to learn other software applications including Zoho and Asana;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an aptitude for building trust and rapport;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple, critical deadlines;
- Passion to learn new things through self-study and structured settings;
- Demonstrated ability to self-direct and work autonomously.
This is an opportunity to become a part of an exciting and fun-loving team, working in one of the best industries, and with ample opportunity for growth.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Awarded one of the “Best Places to Work” in Denver in 2019 by the Denver Business Journal, Pivot Energy is a triple-bottom-line company that focuses on our people as our most valuable resource. We offer a competitive salary based on relevant experience. This position also qualifies for Pivot’s Commission Plan, tied directly to revenue production.
Pivot Energy has an outstanding benefits package that gets better every year. These include excellent health/dental/vision insurance benefits with up to 100% of premiums covered by the company, 401(k), four weeks of vacation, and generous parental leave. Additionally, Pivot offers extended PTO for volunteering in the community, an employee solar program, and a company match for all individual charitable donations up to $500/year.
You are applying for:
Manager, Business Development
New York (or surrounding), NY