Durward Jones Barkwell is one of the largest public accounting firms in the Niagara/Hamilton/Halton region with offices spanning from Burlington to Welland. The firm was founded in 1940 and features a dynamic group of professionals including 27 partners and 23 managers.
"Big enough to know, small enough to care." At DJB, these are the words we live by. We value our clients and taking care of their unique needs is what drives our business. As part of our team, you will realize that to us nothing is trivial. We have the experience to handle any situation from complex mergers and acquisitions to assisting new entrepreneurs through the many facets of starting a small business. We do all this while remaining personally involved with our clients and the communities where we work and live.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Flexible work/life balance and summer hours
- Professional development, learning, and growth support
- A variety of community involvement opportunities
- A dynamic team of employees who desires to see everyone succeed!
Our St. Catharines office has an immediate opening for a full-time Administrative Assistant
Reporting to Partners and Managers, you will be responsible for:
- Portraying a professional business image by promptly and courteously satisfying the needs of our clients in person, through email and over the phone
- Answering incoming calls on a multi-line system, knowing the whereabouts of personnel and relaying messages to ensure clients receive prompt replies and a high quality of service
- Assisting with attending to the bank and post office daily to make deposits and pick up and post mail as required
- Preparation of billing invoices and production WIP reports related to billing
- Assisting with preparing accounts receivable adjustments, credit notes and write offs
- Assisting with the maintenance of client management system
- Performing electronic archiving of year end files and other filing as required
- Assisting with the electronic transmission of various government returns
- Assisting with overflow typing, collating, financial statement assembly, mail-outs and other tasks as required
The successful candidate will have:
- Successful completion of a Business or Office Administration program, or equivalent experience
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in an administrative role
- Previous experience in a professional services firm and a familiarity with accounting is an asset
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with an aptitude to learn standard firm software and other relevant applicants and technical/office equipment
- The ability to differentiate when to take action independently or to escalate to appropriate personnel
- The ability to multi-task and meet multiple and/or unexpected deadlines in a demanding environment
- Sound judgment regarding confidential matters and time sensitive material
If you are a confident, dedicated and hard working professional who is motivated to achieve high standards of quality service and value to clients, we would we love to hear from you!
We appreciate all who express interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, DJB will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. Please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
You are applying for:
Durward Jones Barkwell & Company LLP
St. Catharines, ON